anybody else afraid that they will stop listening to metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
iron maiden, metallica, and megadeth have sold a combined total of 170+ million albums. metal is plenty popular.

Ok, I'll type really slow so I don't lose you...

Yes, metal is popular, but it is only a small niche in overall music popularity. Michael Jackson has sold OVER 750 MILLION albums. I've seen your salary posts so I know you're into "doing the math". Do the math, Dave. Besides why are you arguing how great metal is when you're planning to jump ship once you make your first million? Just think of cool you'll look sitting on your yacht listening to Yanni while the rest of us are down here in the metal gutter.

Ok, I'll type really slow so I don't lose you...

Yes, metal is popular, but it is only a small niche in overall music popularity. Michael Jackson has sold OVER 750 MILLION albums. I've seen your salary posts so I know you're into "doing the math". Do the math, Dave. Besides why are you arguing how great metal is when you're planning to jump ship once you make your first million? Just think of cool you'll look sitting on your yacht listening to Yanni while the rest of us are down here in the metal gutter.

LOL if I am on my "yacht", I would be listening to beethoven, vivaldi, some prog rock, and ofcourse jazz.

well, making money and knowing how to not rape little kids are 2 different things. he'd be worth billions if he didnt have to pay for all those lawyers
~gR~

I am really afraid that metal is going to fade away within 3-4 years for me. Especially when I go into the business world. I will probably still listen to maiden and metallica, but I can't imagine myself listening to nile or morbid angel at age 26. anybody else feel the same way?

so, if you think that you won't listen to metal within 3-4 years, you must give up now. stop with this madness and go listen to Bee Gees or any shit that you believe will be better for you in the future.

Metal is on my veins, and i'm sure that i'll never stop to listen it.

edit: i'm not tr00

nobody is going to control what I do in my free time. I will likely lose interest in metal however as I will probably view it as something for kids when I am 26 or 27.

I'm glad I'm not you. You're way too prejudicial about everything. I don't see myself getting weary of metal. Many albums in this genre truly seem timeless.

Just when you thought he couldn't top himself...

Congratulations, Dave. Based on what I've seen from you, I don't think you really need to worry about what music you'll be listening to when you're an executive.

I see no reason to ever stop listening to metal. I dont get why you keep saying "metal is plenty popular" dave. It really isnt, and even if it was, who cares? Metal is metal, you love it or you dont.

Not reading this shitty thread, but I don't envision myself losing any interest at all. It's about the music, not about what other faggots think.

Status
Not open for further replies.