Are you guys looking forward to the new Slayer album?

I've seen Slayer live twice(88 and 99) and both times were kick ass. That might explain why I have headaches and get dizzy these days.
As for a new album, I am looking forward to it and hopefully less GOD bashing than on God hates us all. Oh, but then it wouldn't be a Slayer album would it??

NeonBlack69 said:
See, Derek, you are not evaluating the work on it's own merits and you admit it by referencing the artist as "a band that once topped the world". Bro, that band has been gone for 15+ years. Cliff isn't walking through the door anytime soon. They had to make an album and after 10 years of mainstream-ish hard rock they made the rawest, grittiest slab of Death/Emo rock they could muster. "Half-Baked"...I agree mostly. But, c'mon, you gotta admit this...It's heavy as Hell!

As far as the "pig-headed" thing - Hey, bro, I'm just saying that the disc rocks, no matter who made it. You are the one trashing it because it doesn't compare favorably with RTL or MOP...very few albums do. Further, I would hardly call that a "solid ground" upon which to evaluate any release.

For example, I think Dreaming Neon Black is one of the greatest albums of all time. I also think that Enemies of Reality is somewhat half-baked and pedestrian by comparison - I was certainly disappointed with it in that frame of reference, as many were. However, judged on it's own merits - independent of expectations - EoR is really very good. That said, I rarely listen to it because Nevermore, for me, is GREAT not just very good. So should I slag EoR as " one of the biggest musical disappointments in recent years."?

I see what you are saying, BUT I still regard an artists history as a reasonably sound criteria to base an opinion upon a new work. Of course that's not judging the work exclusively, but it does give a useful reference point as to the bands capabilities and with St. Anger I think they hit a low.

I honestly, objectively, believe St. Anger is a very, very, VERY mediocre work.

As for EoR...Shame on you all! As a complete work it's outstanding. Lyrically, conceptually and musically. :p

God Hates All Us has to be one of the worst albums recorded. I can't believe a bunch of 40 years old wrote that cd.

I almost want to never listen to old slayer again knowing that album exists.

"As for EoR...Shame on you all! As a complete work it's outstanding. Lyrically, conceptually and musically."

I agree 100%!!! I can never understand why people label EOR as Nevermore's worst album. I can listen to it from start to finish without skipping over a song, its brilliant!! As for DHIADW, it was the second to last Nevermore album i purchased, and I've never really held it in high regards. The guitar work is very chug-chug, almost uninspired at times, there are a little too many ballad-esque songs for my personal taste, i hate cover songs (thats just me being an asshole lol) the lyrics are a tad simple (just a speck in the spectrum?) But with all that being said, i still believe its a good album (river dragon, heart collector, title track, etc. ) but in the spec of nevermore's spectrum (clever eh!) it just doesnt stand up there with the rest

sorry i've had this on my mind for a while just wanted to get it all out! :headbang: :headbang:

im definitely looking forward to the new album and tour, but seriously, whats with the retarded song titles????????

I'm looking forward to it not because i think its going to be great, but because i'm really curious as to how it will turn out. if it went back to real thrash that would be awesome and if they went more heavy and simple and god hates us all way that would suck. i'll download the new ep probably because there is no way in hell i'm going to go to a hottopic to buy it.

ok, i'm a big metallica fan myself and i consider St.anger a step in the right direction. Although it sucked i would pick it any day from load/reload/god hates us all. Slayer died with god hates us all for me, and so did tallica with reload, but with st.anger it kinda brings back metal so the new tallica my be verry well a TGE. I never saw slayer/metallica live, but from what i watched on youtube, slayer is good live, and tallica pretty good except the vocals.
my favorite tallica record is either mop or rtl can't really decide.
to sum up i will buy the next tallica record, but not the new slayer record

You mean to tell me Slayer DIDN'T die with Diabolous in Musica and that fucking punk cover CD "Undisputed Attitude?" Compared to those two steaming piles of hore shite, God Hates Us All was almost pleasantly refreshing