Arrival Times in Atlanta for ProgPowerVIII

OH MY GOD your flying USELESS AIRWAYS, you don't want to hear my horror story from the weekend of july 27, to make a long story short I was supposed to arrive in El Paso from Atlanta at 9:00pm, well I got home at 4:00am after going to Phx, then Las Vegas and Denver. Hope you have better luck.

Yes, be careful with this airline. DemonOfTheWoods and myself, on our trip to St. Paul for FotV, were supposed to arrive in MSP airport at 10:30 am on a Friday morning and did not arrive there until 11 pm that night after having to go to Philly and Dallas, due to all kind of fuck-ups from the US Airways staff members ...

I can’t beat those stories, although on my recent trip to NY, they switched my return flight to one that left TWO HOURS EARLIER without notifying me! Good thing I checked ahead of time, as that would have been a fun mess to sort out if I’d missed my flight (the Thursday before Labor Day weekend).

Also, U.S. Air has apparently transferred their customer service overseas. The first time I called with an issue on my NY arrangements, I couldn’t understand the rep, so I gave up and called back. The second time, I got a lady I could understand. However, partway through the conversation, I suddenly hear all these women screaming in the background. The rep apologized, and said that their power had gone out! Sheesh.

So, no, I’m not too thrilled with the flight arrangements…but at least they (are supposed to) go direct to Atlanta. If they make me miss Jon Oliva, though, you’ll probably see me on the national news throwing a giant temper tantrum. :mad:

Arriving Wednesday at about 10:46 AM on Northwest Airlines. Will be there with a nice group of 7 new born babies looking to have a good time at Cheetah's.

Yes, USAir is my hub airline in Philly, so I fly them a lot. Yes, they suck. Yes, I almost never check bags if I can avoid it. Still, I'll be there!
:err: I'll be crossing my fingers and knocking on wood for you and all others using their airline that weekend. Here's to hoping you all make it into Atlanta within reasonable timing of your scheduled arrivals and that no luggage, hair or life - be it yours or that of a US Airways staff member - is lost as a result of your trips. :kickass:

I'm arriving around 1:30 on wednesday but waiting for a friend who will be arriving around 3pm. We should all meet up at the MARTA station and roll down together.

Arriving sometime early Wed. afternoon by car, from Auburn GA. (Out Athens-way.)

Going back home that night, but picking up the hotel suite on Thursday and we'll be there for the duration. :headbang:

I get in at 230 Wed afternoon from Denver on Frontier Airlines, I usually take the MARTA to the Art Center stop - but this year I am considering giving up my room at the Residence Inn & staying at the Inn at Peachtree. I was told on the phone when I reserved a room there that it was 1 mile from venue but someone else is saying it is 3 miles.

So, if I go with the Inn at Peachtree - what stop is best to get closest to that hotel?

Jeff

I arrive in Atlanta at 4:40 PM on Wednesday from Dallas. I probably won't see (m)any of you until Thursday though as I am having dinner with a friend Wednesday night. Perhaps I can convince her to come to Karaoke though... hmmmmm.