Arrival Times in Atlanta for ProgPowerVIII

After a month and a half of being under the impression I could not afford it this year and I would have to sell my tickets, I have indeed finalized my plans to make it to ProgPower (my first). We're taking the bus down, and will be arriving I believe just around noon on Thursday.

After a month and a half of being under the impression I could not afford it this year and I would have to sell my tickets, I have indeed finalized my plans to make it to ProgPower (my first). We're taking the bus down, and will be arriving I believe just around noon on Thursday.

You can take MARTA from the bus station right to the venue/hotels, too. The Greyhound station -- probably still that temporary piece-o-shit building that's been there since the Olympics -- is literally a stone's throw from Garnett Station. Just take any northbound train to Arts Center.

I get in at 230 Wed afternoon from Denver on Frontier Airlines, I usually take the MARTA to the Art Center stop - but this year I am considering giving up my room at the Residence Inn & staying at the Inn at Peachtree. I was told on the phone when I reserved a room there that it was 1 mile from venue but someone else is saying it is 3 miles.

I'm thinking about two miles.

So, if I go with the Inn at Peachtree - what stop is best to get closest to that hotel?

If it's where I think it is, either Peachtree Center or Civic Center Station would be close.

P'Tree Center Station is kinda neet; it has the longest operating escalator in the Western Hemisphere at one of its exits, and the escalators run a bit slower than normal to allow your ears to adjust to the pressure.
</AtlantaTriviaFactoid> :)

Just figured out I'll be driving in from Waco, TX with Robert, owner of KWTF World Wide radio. We're both going to Oliva, so I think we're leaving Waco some time late Tuesday afternoon, giving us plenty of time to traverse the deep south o_O I presume then we will arrive in the early afternoon hours on Wednesday.

I'm getting in Thursday at 12:21, I'm sure I'll run into a few people at O'Hare. Last year there were about 6-8 of us on my flight going out there and nobody really planned it.

You can take MARTA from the bus station right to the venue/hotels, too. The Greyhound station -- probably still that temporary piece-o-shit building that's been there since the Olympics -- is literally a stone's throw from Garnett Station. Just take any northbound train to Arts Center.

Thanks for the info, however if things stay how I think they are now, a fellow board member (caex) is picking me up at the bus station, as I'm staying with him.

As you now know, yes we are on the same flight, 3 rows apart! See you at the airport! Where are you guys staying in ATL?

We're at the Residence Inn.

Last time we shared a flight with anyone, it was the flight home with the guys from Spiral Architect. I assume you will be significantly more sober on the way down than they were on the way home. ;)

Where exactly is this store?

I guess it's not really as much of a liquor store as it is a convenience store with a decent selection of beer, wine and liquor. If you are staying at the Grenada and you walk out to the front of the hotel and down the sidewalk away from the venue, it's about a block down on the right. If I remember correctly, there is something like a cafe out front (maybe another store or two) and you have to walk inside the entrance to the building (not the cafe) and into a corridor. The entrance to the liquor store ... err :erk: convenience store ... is on the left.