Arrival Times in Atlanta for ProgPowerVIII

Alas, this is the first year I've had to travel to PP...
So to make it special I'm arriving at 5:40am on Thursday o_O.
Anyone else taking the red eye from the west coast?

Robin

Ahhhhh...I can finally look at this thread and not feel uncertainty or worry or even sadness...

I will be arriving in Atlanta at 2:20pm on wednesday via Airtran. If anyone is going to be arriving around that time at the airport OR will be there and want to meet up, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to wait or have people awaiting me. If anybody wanna do that, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number for meeting purposes. Not prank calls, I said meeting purposes, Dub and Drew, you fucks. :lol:

Hey Angra Rules - I get in 10 minutes or so behind you (Frontier out of Denver) arrive at 230 pm. I may check a bag, just so I have room for all my goodies that I end up buying (see, I can learn from the past lol). I should have a couple of newbies on the same flight - folks I know from other shows.

We are likely going to try the new hotel (Inn at Peachtree) and let our room at the Residence Inn go for this year - the Mike Tyson cell mate treatment is a bit extreme (189/nt plus a 17% tourist tax and about $20/day to park your freaking car). I'll miss the larger fridge, and being able to crawl home after each night - but dang.

Anyway - if you see someone in either a progpower shirt or something from a band that played there before - it's likely me :)

Countdown is on :)
Jeff

We get in at 2:50 via Americian Airlines, I already have plans to meet up with See You In Hell (Rich) so if any of you want to hang around or want us to hang around and wait for you let me know either here or by PM and we can either share the MARTA ride or get a cab and share the costs. Let me know what you guys want to do.

I figure by the time I actually get my checked bag & stuff it will be close to 250 if not later - so I will prolly be hanging around baggage claim (not in a Michael Jackson at a pre-school kind of way) or hanging around by/at the Marta looking for people clad in black t-shirts (or Hawaiian shirts, corsets, kilts etc).

Cheers,
Jeff

Hey Angra Rules - I get in 10 minutes or so behind you (Frontier out of Denver) arrive at 230 pm. I may check a bag, just so I have room for all my goodies that I end up buying (see, I can learn from the past lol). I should have a couple of newbies on the same flight - folks I know from other shows.

We are likely going to try the new hotel (Inn at Peachtree) and let our room at the Residence Inn go for this year - the Mike Tyson cell mate treatment is a bit extreme (189/nt plus a 17% tourist tax and about $20/day to park your freaking car). I'll miss the larger fridge, and being able to crawl home after each night - but dang.

Anyway - if you see someone in either a progpower shirt or something from a band that played there before - it's likely me :)

Countdown is on :)
Jeff

Just PM'd you my cell number in case you wanna give me a call when you arrive and get your bags. We'll meet up at the airport!!

:headbang:

We get in at 2:50 via Americian Airlines, I already have plans to meet up with See You In Hell (Rich) so if any of you want to hang around or want us to hang around and wait for you let me know either here or by PM and we can either share the MARTA ride or get a cab and share the costs. Let me know what you guys want to do.

I already checked with the airport folks and already requested the Wheelchair rental for you. I will be by your gate upon your arrival to make sure that you don't need to walk more than 20 or so steps.

And by the way, it's cushioned too!! :lol::lol:

I already checked with the airport folks and already requested the Wheelchair rental for you. I will be by your gate upon your arrival to make sure that you don't need to walk more than 20 or so steps.

And by the way, it's cushioned too!! :lol::lol:

Wooooooohoooooo it better be cushioned and it better have a cup holder.:kickass:

FINALLY got my tix ($310 with fees- not a horrible price considering how close I'm cutting it). I'll be coming in on Wednesday at about 5:15pm.

-Metal

I'll keep an eye out for you...I'm scheduled to come in Wednesday at 4:30. With US Airways, though, I don't have high expectations for an on-time arrival...

Wednesday @ 1:16pm on AirTran. I'll be hanging around for a while waiting for Jeff (manowarfan1) and Rick (See You In Hell), but I don't know how we should all meet up since were coming in on different airlines. I've been to ATL plenty of times, but have never planned to meet other people. Is there a good meeting place that central to everyone and easy to find? Or perhaps by baggage claim?