Attention: Opeth.com & Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
some Danish guy said:
I dont understand why the hell people are freaking out.
indeed...if you guys want this place moderated vs taking it down (like the Arch Enemy board) then by all means do something but i honestly dont see what the shit is about...the reason im not that active here is due to lack of good topics, not due to supposed trolls...
as for a mod...hmmm... dont know....

Jesus... even GoD is posting here now. You never cease to amaze me.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Of all the people who posted thus far in hopes of being a moderator...

Only ShroudOfDusk seems capable. The rest are either too uptight, too friendly, or...AllWithinMyMonster.
Well cheers for that. I'd be happy to moderate this board. I'd also think Demoke would do a good job, but since he's also stepped down, I'd also nominate AbsentFriend and Jaykeegan.

And I can just see this turning into a bloody election campaign...

Well, may the best UM'er win.

This place is so riddled with idiots now that I don't even want to post here anymore. Thats the problem with UM these days. Too much fucking spam. I'm sure Opeth wouldn't be very pleased to see all the stupid threads on their forum.

I wont call it spam. If we didnt make these stupid threads there wouldnt be no threads at all! Cause there is nothing to talk about. I made the stupid thread called ugliest Opeth member because I wanted people to discuss for fun. But everybody got pissed. What is there to talk about Opeth? I think you have all got to the point where you cant discuss as much as you used to. But Iam still new here, so I dont know.

abcdefg...i think you have me all wrong. I admit i do not like every thread which is obviously off topic to have that post which reminds everyone yet again, that it is indeed off topic. However, i do enjoy most of your posts for they add a....different...sense of humor to the forum, which isnt a bad thing in my opinion. The only problem i really had here, is "estimate" getting personal with me, for he doesnt know me, and yet hes calling me "the stupidest person hes seen online"...which i feel there are plenty far less intelligent people than myself on this forum alone, let alone elsewhere. Either that, or he really doesnt get out much. In any case...personal slander is absolutely unecessary, especially when undeserved....dissaproval of peoples posts though, is fine and reasonable...so lets keep it at that. And i apologize for anything i might have said towards you which wasnt apropriate or uncalled for. ;)

Alright, Firstly i would like to say thankyou to the people that have nominated me to become a moderator. But i am going to have to decline & i would prefer not to provide a reason. Also, I am more than impressed with the recognition this thread has recieved.

Anyway, Now down to the real news. Today, Wednesday, 9 June 2004 5:09:50 AM. I recieved an email back from Anna (The webmaster of opeth.com) informing the following:

''Hi,
Thanks for your mail. I would really appreciate if you can send me the name of those guys. I have seen some on the forum and I try to keep up but.... I have not been taking care of the forum the way I should.

Tomorrow I am going down to Sweden Rock and that will be great! So I will take care of it as soon as I get back.

//webmaster''

This is good news & hopefully it will progress furtherly into my intented idea. I have also seen a couple more nominations from people that i think are also more than worthy for the job. But for now, Let's just see what is to be decided & then we should organise who is granted the job of moderation. Keeping in mind, there will most probably be a limit as to how many moderators we are allowed if this is idea is to successfuly progress.

I think the main reason people are pissed off with the forum is theres nothing opeth-related to talk about, they arent doing anything, they are taking a break, theres no new album to gaybash/fanboy(manboy) love, they are "writing the new album" so the only thread that has anything to do with opeth is a "what will it sound liek" and there have been about 300 of those, when there really only needs to be one. so people get pissed off

and isnt there only one troll anyway with liek 5 alter egos, i find ggggu/abcdeg/deliverancedriver/mightya funny

when i started on here it was right when GoD was doing the Opeth Song Survivor polls, they were exteremly good!! I think that we need something like that something that people can actually talk about how they liek this song over the other etc etc, i think it was The Moor that won the best Opeth Song ever,

i think someone needs to start that and everyone actually do it etc,

anyway

how bout them nicks

ShroudOfDusk said:
Oh yeah... I also nominate IAmEternal... though I havent seen him around much lately.

My only nomination and it's an afterthought eh? Heh :)

Okay, down to business. I can't particularly recall any of Neil, jaykeegan or Moonlapse's posts, so I won't say anything about them.

That leaves ShroudofDusk and Grey and Pink. Shroud is the only person I'm familiar enough with to nominate as a moderator for this forum. From my experience with him on this forum and on MSN he is an intelligent, fairly level-headed guy who has enough of a sense of humor to be able to differentiate between off-topic posts which are all in good fun and those which are harmful to the board.

My clearest memories of posts by The Land of Grey and Pink is a negative one (P.S. This is not a personal attack, it's simply my reasoning as to why you are not the best choice as a moderator). I cannot recall the particular post, but at least one or two times I remember thinking that Grey and Pink's opinions of other forum members were distorted by their appreciation of music that he likes himself: he looked down on people who don't like 70s prog, classical music, etc. Other than that he didn't seem like that bad a person, and definitely not among the less intelligent members of this board, but this rules him out as a candidate as far as I'm concerned. Doubtless he will try to refute my arguments, as he is entitled to, but my point is made, and it's just my opinion. To Grey and Pink himself: I'm sorry, it's not that I have some grudge against you or that you've done something to me. I don't think estimate was out of line either, and abcdfg's responses to you have been some of the most rational posts I've seen by him. And despite your constant claims that you don't care, you seem to continue attempting to argue against him.

The post by Metalages was very impressive, I think this person is much more capable of providing an enjoyable forum for us, as well as understanding what a forum IS and MEANS to many of us: a place to meet with people with whom we share a common ground, and discuss issues both related and unrelated to the band. It'll be a much more exciting place to post if we can discuss issues we feel to be relevant to our lives AS WELL as Opeth-related topics, because let's face it, there just isn't enough material there to maintain an active forum... attempting to do so would lead to the redundancy of several similarly-themed topics popping up at once.

Wow... this turned into quite a rant. What else can I say? I believe I've made myself clear. I don't want to come across as saying "LOOK AT ME! I'M THE MAN FOR THE JOB!", but if it came to that, I'd be happy to accept the responsibility and I believe I visit frequently enough to do a good job of it.

Alright, last comment:

It's been really nice to see old posters like GoD, Sioux, etc. I vaguely remember you guys from my lurking and early posting days. I truly hope we can forge from this forum an environment that you guys will want to take part in again... let's face it, we're gonna need all the intelligent, open-minded posters we can get :)

Hell.. to quote that other guy..
PEAC EOUT!

Land Of Grey And Pink said:
The only problem i really had here, is "estimate" getting personal with me, for he doesnt know me, and yet hes calling me "the stupidest person hes seen online"...which i feel there are plenty far less intelligent people than myself on this forum alone, let alone elsewhere. Either that, or he really doesnt get out much.

Ok, I pull back my "stupidest person I've seen on the internet". Perhaps you are, but I don't know you good enought to be sure (yet).

So.. let's see, there are plenty far less intelligent people on this forum, or I don't get out much. Hmm. That's too intelligent for me at least.

I don't post much now, but this is still one of the UM forums I check every day, and I'd like to see it crawl out of this hole. I'm not even sure what the problem is. I think most of the trollish posts are funny, but I think a lot of new people don't get them and get discouraged from posting. I don't know if stopping that is a good solution to anything, but I think the place could do with some moderation for a few reasons regardless. I know Moonlapse, Neil, Shroud, or IAmEternal would be good for it. Two would be better than one, too.

I don't post much either and I've been reading this forum for about a year and a half, and I would be happy with any of these guys.

ShroudofDusk
Moonlapse
Spike
Absentfriend

Demoke, jaykeegan and Mr Neil would of been nice also, but they have declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.