Bands similar to CoB?

I thought you guys may enjoy it. It kinda gives me Follow The Reaper vibes, with a very lazy "shoegazish" guitar sound.

I thought you guys may enjoy it. It kinda gives me Follow The Reaper vibes, with a very lazy "shoegazish" guitar sound.

A bit too much reverb for my taste though the part where the guitars kick in was quite epic. It's a shame the song then kinda lost it's momentum IMO.

Welcome to the forum!

I saw Frosttide live a few years ago when they were supporting Ensiferum. They are a pretty solid folk/power/melodeath band.

Probably everyone knows it. But I recently heard this for the first time.

And while I don't think majority of their stuff is very good, this particular album, and especially this song somehow scratches the same itch as COB, at least for me. The second one to actually.

I dunno... It's not like COB and yet I think I'm listening to this for some similar reasons.

A bit more aggressive, but you have to listen to Necrophagist as true gods of melody, on the death metal side rather than the bodomish heavy metal/rock. Especially if you're into the first three bodom albums and their neo classical mood, which I'm sure it's true as for everyone of us. The Epitaph album is an all time masterpiece.

Also, the band Spawn of Possession is some sick complex and high speed Uber-level of songwriting, classical made death metal. If you have time to dig their three albums you can't be disappointed.

Both bands are dead though :(

Just discovered these guys today. They aren't exactly similar to Bodom, rather halfway between Bodom and Ensiferum. Thought many people here might really like this. Also, they are from France (my home country), and it's rare to see this level of quality in the metal genre coming from France (appart from Gojira, I can't see many other). Anyway, a great band to discover if you've got some free time.

Reactions: Sany
Just discovered these guys today. They aren't exactly similar to Bodom, rather halfway between Bodom and Ensiferum. Thought many people here might really like this. Also, they are from France (my home country), and it's rare to see this level of quality in the metal genre coming from France (appart from Gojira, I can't see many other). Anyway, a great band to discover if you've got some free time.

This is really nice actually. Didn't understand a single word of the vocals though (Not that it really matters of course) :D

Yeah, I know. Few metal singer actually manage to stay intelligible when screaming/growling. My favorite singer in that category would be Petri Lindroos from Ensiferum. Can pretty much understand everything he says and I love his voice. Also Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth. Quite good pronunciation, especially in the high notes, which is rather rare.
As for Aephanemer, glad to know you enjoyed it!

Yeah, I know. Few metal singer actually manage to stay intelligible when screaming/growling. My favorite singer in that category would be Petri Lindroos from Ensiferum. Can pretty much understand everything he says and I love his voice. Also Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth. Quite good pronunciation, especially in the high notes, which is rather rare.
As for Aephanemer, glad to know you enjoyed it!
Yeah I really like Petri too. Ville Viljanen from Mors Principium Est is another favorite. And yeah, I liked the song enough that I've now spent the last hour going through their other stuff :D

Lol. I did the same. After that song, I did a research for their full album and had a "listenthrough".

I don't know Mors Principium Est, so I'll give it a listen now.

Lol. I did the same. After that song, I did a research for their full album and had a "listenthrough".

I don't know Mors Principium Est, so I'll give it a listen now.

That's the song that got me interested in them. Pure and Cleansing Rain are other early favorites. All in all they're far more riff oriented and far faster than Bodom, but I like the energy they have in their songs.