Bands that SOLD OUT

Angel Dust is yummy goodness for sure, .......but if you asked me on a Monday which is my favourite FNM album, my answer would probably be different then it was on Sunday.

Same for me, though I listen to Introduce Yourself the most.

Seriously though - does Scott listen to pop punk/emo music? Does he really enjoy playing that stuff?

Not sure, but there's no way are TDT pop punk/emo music. The fact that some members of the band also play that music doesn't make 'em pop punk. It sounds more like hard rock to me.

BTW I played some TDT to my friend who listens to this pop punk stuff and he said they reminded him of Metallica and the like...

Not sure, but there's no way are TDT pop punk/emo music. The fact that some members of the band also play that music doesn't make 'em pop punk. It sounds more like hard rock to me.

BTW I played some TDT to my friend who listens to this pop punk stuff and he said they reminded him of Metallica and the like...

It reminds me very much of load era type metallica.

I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion here. :loco:

Seriously though - does Scott listen to pop punk/emo music? Does he really enjoy playing that stuff?
Or was it a good excuse to make easy money and promote his "real" band which he presumably does love playing in?

Come on, I think I have a point here!

I think Scott and Charlie in particular have long enjoyed listening to a wide range of music -- cf. covers of Husker Du, The Police, Cheap Trick etc.

The problem / issue is that it's often difficult to incorporate these influences into a 1980s thrash metal sound without it seeming like a sell out. But IMO there's a difference between incorporating an older sound that's no longer commercial and a current commercial one.

I will actually , in theory agree with you there. If they were having such amazing success with their previous efforts, including WFCYA why would they need to do any reunion shows. The answer: Because nobody was buying those albums, those shows weren't doing well except for in Chicago and a few other markets. So they had to make some $$$ and brought back Spitz and Joey for a decent sized tour. I am glad they did it was probably the last time we'll ever see the REAL Anthrax again. All of the shows I went to were off the hook and really got me excited that they would continue on with that line up. But next thing you know Dannys gone, Joey's gone and some unknown Phil Anselmo wanna be DON Nelson was in the band.

But what ever, its all in the past. The future is looking semi bright.

On the reunion tour they were still playing the same shit hole clubs they played with Bush. Anthrax can't play stadiums unless they are part of a big package.

Nothing on that almbum sound like "grunge", maybe "grunge" sound like Anthrax, is just the same band, but with Bush, the riffs are there.

I concur. I have been saying this for some time. AIC obviously had Bush as an influence and Dave Jerden produced Saint, who later produced AIC, and than did SOWN. Obviously there is some contact there. Bush was an influence. Anthrax in 93 probably was influenced by the times, but more so the other way around. Either way SOWN in a masterpiece. By far my favorite Anthrax album.

Nothing on that almbum sound like "grunge", maybe "grunge" sound like Anthrax, is just the same band, but with Bush, the riffs are there.

Wow thanks for the information. I never knew that SOWN was a Thrash Metal album. I must have had the heavy rock / grungy version. I am excited now to go find the Thrash Metal version of SOWN! Sweet!

On the reunion tour they were still playing the same shit hole clubs they played with Bush. Anthrax can't play stadiums unless they are part of a big package.

All I know is they sold out Los Angeles 3 nights with the Reunion Tour. And they played 2 times in a 3000 seater. Yeah it's not a stadium but 3000 is a lot more than the previous time when I saw them play with John Bush when there was literally 200 people in the audience.

You listen to Hed pe, Cold, and like early Soulfly.... and yet compare Bush era Anthrax to grunge. I wouldn't call you a credible source on what is metal either.

I listen to some other forms of music, including Soulfly, Cold, and a bit of Hed Pe yes. I know what the fuck Thrash Metal is, and SOWN is NOT Thrash Metal.

Go listen to Dark Ages, and Conquer by Soulfly, that is 100 times more "Thrash" than SOWN.