bands with flawless discographies

The bad is set VERY high here. I'd give all three Jimi Hendrix records at least a 9/10. Other than that, no one.

Bands who come close:
Rush: Released 8 straight great albums from Carress of Steel to Grace Under Pressure. I can't think of any other band who stayed that strong for so many albums.

Swans: Of their 14 studio albums, at least 9 deserve a 9/10. Flith is the only album I'd give lower than an 8.

Agalloch: All their full lengths are great except the last one.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Voïvod definitely had some flaws here and there, but they have a pretty savage discography considering how often they reinvented themselves.
Their run from Dimension Hatröss up to and including The Outer Limits is one of the hottest streaks in metal. Easily on par with Sabbath's first 6.

Rush: Released 8 straight great albums from Carress of Steel to Grace Under Pressure. I can't think of any other band who stayed that strong for so many albums.
I'd include Power Windows too although I can see that being a bit contentious. Actually I think Rush's output as a whole ranges from soild to excellent, I don't think they've ever released an album I'd call outright bad.

Psychotic Waltz are another band that immediately springs to mind. 4 brilliant albums with none sounding identical and they managed to pull off a pretty major shift in sound for their last two (to date) albums while still retaining a signature vibe.

I'd say Danzig would qualify too were it not for the awkward trip-up that is Blackacidevil.

Voïvod definitely had some flaws here and there, but they have a pretty savage discography considering how often they reinvented themselves.

I blind bought Phobos for a couple dollars a few days ago because it looked cool. Anything interesting there?

Their run from Dimension Hatröss up to and including The Outer Limits is one of the hottest streaks in metal. Easily on par with Sabbath's first 6.

I'd include Power Windows too although I can see that being a bit contentious. Actually I think Rush's output as a whole ranges from soild to excellent, I don't think they've ever released an album I'd call outright bad.

Both Fly by Night and Power Windows are borderline to me. Probably like an 8.5/10. Both have tons of great stuff, but a few cuts that don't sit right with me.

There are a few Rush albums I'm not crazy about.
-The debut is fairly pedestrian, save the final track.
-Hold Your Fire is kind of lame, though a number of tracks have grown on me over time. Still, the weakest Rush album. And "Tai Shan" is Disney quality.
-Presto is pedestrian, save the "The Pass"
-The production on Vapor Trails is crap, though I have yet to hear the much needed remaster.

Everything else by them is at least a 8/10.

Both Fly by Night and Power Windows are borderline to me. Probably like an 8.5/10. Both have tons of great stuff, but a few cuts that don't sit right with me.

There are a few Rush albums I'm not crazy about.
-The debut is fairly pedestrian, save the final track.
-Hold Your Fire is kind of lame, though a number of tracks have grown on me over time. Still, the weakest Rush album. And "Tai Shan" is Disney quality.
-Presto is pedestrian, save the "The Pass"
-The production on Vapor Trails is crap, though I have yet to hear the much needed remaster.

Everything else by them is at least a 8/10.

Hold Your Fire is at least a 7/10 (but yes, Tai Shan is garbage)
Presto is really good
Vapor Trails is their best album of the 2000s
The debut is a damn good 70s rock album

Nothing Rush did is below a 7/10

Hold Your Fire is at least a 7/10 (but yes, Tai Shan is garbage)
Presto is really good
Vapor Trails is their best album of the 2000s
The debut is a damn good 70s rock album

Nothing Rush did is below a 7/10

I'm not gonna go to war over any of your positions. I wouldn't give any of their albums a grade lower than 6/10, so we're probably not far off on most of these albums.

I am mildly surprised that you prefer Vapor Trails to Snakes and Arrows, and Clockwork Angels. I find the later to have far more engaging compositions.

I'm not gonna go to war over any of your positions. I wouldn't give any of their albums a grade lower than 6/10, so we're probably not far off on most of these albums.

I am mildly surprised that you prefer Vapor Trails to Snakes and Arrows, and Clockwork Angels. I find the later to have far more engaging compositions.

Once I read 'Ghost Rider', Vapor Trails had more meaning to me than anything else he did. Not to say the last two albums weren't good, but it seemed like he poured his heart into that album after his journey.

by this i mean bands without shit albums, just great ones one after the other

ill start off with the most obvious
Death

i think Chuck made a great decision by basically making him the only sole member, every album is unique and extremely well made

Good thread. First that come to mind:

1) Joy Division

2) Jimi Hendrix

3) Led Zeppelin

4) Sex Pistols

5) Minor Threat

6) Kyuss

7) Sleep

8) The Beatles

9) Josef K

10) DNA

11) Dead Kennedys

Swans are a frontrunner of non metal shit metalheads severely overrate.

I like both the albums with the rabbits on the cover but their names escape me at the moment because im fairly drunk. Other than that, they're pretty whatever.

Reactions: CiG