bands you just HATE!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Board
You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else, but I think you're quite wrong there. Whether you like his music or not is not important here. Personally I don't like his solo work, but I think Beatles has done some great stuff, but that's not important here either. What's important is his work. His companionship with Paul McCartney in the Beatles has produced some of the best songs ever written (not my opinon!). In the 60's The Beatles was the best selling band and they're to this date the best selling band of all time. Not that that neccesarilly means it's good, but Beatles still has loads and loads of fans 30 years after they broke up! People are still fanatic (even more fanatic than they were in the 60's) about their stuff. I've seen their record "Please please me" with the black label and gold lettering go for £6.600!!!! Noone would pay that amount for anything crappy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes they would. It's got nothing to do with its quality, it's to do with collectibility. If it's rare, old and in good condition, it's valuable. Mint-condition embossed vinyl sleeves are especially sought after these days.

quote:
It's of course a matter of taste, but I think it's fair to say that Beatles are the single band/artist who produced the music with the most quality EVER! If a band comes out now and sells twice as many records as The Beatles, the Beatles will still be the greatest! The new band will be forgotten in 20 years like most of all the other stuff from the 90's and 2000's.

Can I borrow that crystal ball you've obviously found?

quote:
You can go out on the street today and ask more or less any person to sing a Beatles song. In 20 years you can't do that with Britney Spears!

It's the same with the Village People, though, isn't it? Who doesn't know "YMCA" at the very least?

1+2: Sure, Mint condition records are of course rare and pricy today, but noone today is willing to pay £6.600 for Madonna's "Like a prayer" in mint condition. Let's see if people are willing to pay £6.600 for a Britney Spears record in 20 years! I doubt it. There's probably some big artists from the 80's that made an embossed cover which is more or less worthless in mint condition today. My point is; Beatles still have loads and loads of fans although they broke up 32 years ago. Britney will of course still have fans in 20 years, but compared to the amount of fans she has now it's a minimum of people. Beatles have loads of fans today compared to the amount of fans they had in the 60's. Beatles music still interest people these days, but I find it hard to believe that much of the music put out in the 90's will interest people in 20 years (I'm not talking about metal here). I think it's pretty wrong saying Beatles are overrated or they just got famous for growing their hair long, as they're one of the most influentual bands of all time! Whether you like them or not is another matter.
3: Yep, everybody knows "YMCA", but how many people can say that they truly like that song today and they listen to it regularly? A lot of that old disco has become kind of kitchy today, but that's just kind of a fashing thing and it's only fun when at a party or something. I'm not trying to say what people's taste should be like, but although I have a fair amount of disco records, disco was kind of low quality. It had it's moments with some funky stuff and danceable stuff, but it gets boring listening to it after a while. This is of course also a matter of taste, but that's just my experience. There will always be fans of all kinds of music, but I think Beatles popularity is well deserved, as they produced kind of "timeless" music. Britney's music is fun for a lot of people today, but will only be fun for a small amount of people in 20 years.
I don't know what else to say, but I'll gladly continue the discussion as I think it's interesting discussing things like these.

Originally posted by Board
1+2: Sure, Mint condition records are of course rare and pricy today, but noone today is willing to pay £6.600 for Madonna's "Like a prayer" in mint condition. Let's see if people are willing to pay £6.600 for a Britney Spears record in 20 years! I doubt it. There's probably some big artists from the 80's that made an embossed cover which is more or less worthless in mint condition today. My point is; Beatles still have loads and loads of fans although they broke up 32 years ago. Britney will of course still have fans in 20 years, but compared to the amount of fans she has now it's a minimum of people. Beatles have loads of fans today compared to the amount of fans they had in the 60's. Beatles music still interest people these days, but I find it hard to believe that much of the music put out in the 90's will interest people in 20 years (I'm not talking about metal here). I think it's pretty wrong saying Beatles are overrated or they just got famous for growing their hair long, as they're one of the most influentual bands of all time! Whether you like them or not is another matter.
3: Yep, everybody knows "YMCA", but how many people can say that they truly like that song today and they listen to it regularly? A lot of that old disco has become kind of kitchy today, but that's just kind of a fashing thing and it's only fun when at a party or something. I'm not trying to say what people's taste should be like, but although I have a fair amount of disco records, disco was kind of low quality. It had it's moments with some funky stuff and danceable stuff, but it gets boring listening to it after a while. This is of course also a matter of taste, but that's just my experience. There will always be fans of all kinds of music, but I think Beatles popularity is well deserved, as they produced kind of "timeless" music. Britney's music is fun for a lot of people today, but will only be fun for a small amount of people in 20 years.
I don't know what else to say, but I'll gladly continue the discussion as I think it's interesting discussing things like these.

It's not so much The Beatles I have issues with, just John Lennon. IMHO, he does not deserve a quarter of the veneration regularly directed at him. Nothing I have seen or heard of John Lennon has made me rate him as anything more than a leftover hippie and a Dead Rock Star. Take "Imagine" for example. Try to listen to it in the here and now, without Vietnam and Yoko Ono and without all the hype and bullshit heaped upon the bloody thing. If you're anything like me, the first time you hear it clearly, you'll hear a song that's actually pretty rubbish. And suddenly you realise that the same is true of ALL his post-Beatles back catalogue. Yet, this is supposed to be the foundation of a modern icon.

I don't know. He just rubs me up the wrong way. I mean, given that we're talking about John Lennon and not The Beatles, can you say anything credible in his defence? People have tried, but I'm not convinced.

Originally posted by Flaming Death
I noticed a few said TOOL. i accept your Opinion but i just wanted to say i think they are a great band and they are very talented. cool

YES!!! Tool are one of my favorite bands at the moment. It seems that some people just dont get them at all. Thats ok you can like whatever you want but dont think they are crap because you cant understand/fathom/getinto/appreciate them. They just seem to totally capture some poeple and totally fly over other peoples heads.

Originally posted by Nick Inch Nails
YES!!! Tool are one of my favorite bands at the moment. It seems that some people just dont get them at all. Thats ok you can like whatever you want but dont think they are crap because you cant understand/fathom/getinto/appreciate them.

And then some people (me) just don't like their music. It's not like, "ooh, I can't fathom the magickal mystickal depths of Stinkfist and Prison Sex, I'll just say they suck."

Originally posted by SlayerizedCorpse
Timmeth & HarmonyDies.... are fukin retarded cradle of filth and dimmu borgir fuking rule you homosexual mom

.....this is easily the most stupidest thing i have ever read today. How old are you? we dont want this board turning into a bunch of 12 year olds calliong each other fags, , so stfu and respect other peoples opinions you idiot.

if you would like me to give reasons CoF suck, i could.

A)Dani's ridiculous vocals, he sounds like a whiny bitch
B) THe Stupidest keyboads ever, they are so cheesy, sound like the soundtrack from Halloween.
C) The guitars...well....they serve no purpose
D) and the whole idea just make me laugh

.......and dimmu, well they are jst ultra boring and cheesy.

COF are really boring. i can stand listen to them and dont wanna return to REAL metal. they are just 6 idots how dont know what they do, and will never know what they do. I think the're music just dont have anything real in it, you can vibrate listening to them.

yeah, they suck

i would say my top 3 bands i hate the most are

1: CoF= Worst Music ever made (its just noize folks really hideous noise at that. anyone get the feeling these are just dungeons and dragons nerds who felt the need to buy guitars? [tobad they didnt learn how to play there insturments])
2: Metallica= (1 i hate them for the black album, 2 i hate them for not breaking up, 3 i hate them for lars shitty drumming, 4 i hate them for there pirate/ now rap vocals 5 i hate them for still having "metal" in there name when they no longer are.)
3: Dimmu...= (1 hate there music, 2 i hate there laughable name.)

(bands ill be hating more of in the future)

inFlames (pleaze go away allready you cant make music anymore.)
Soilwork (couldnt care less... pleaze stop making music)
Arch Enemy (find an actual vocalist and i might be able to listen to your music. or dont have a vocalist i wouldnt mind honist.)

btw

if you would like me to give reasons CoF suck, i could.

- couldnt agree more with your reasons - well said :) :lol:

:) :) :)
-Necromancer

Originally posted by lord667
It's not so much The Beatles I have issues with, just John Lennon. IMHO, he does not deserve a quarter of the veneration regularly directed at him. Nothing I have seen or heard of John Lennon has made me rate him as anything more than a leftover hippie and a Dead Rock Star. Take "Imagine" for example. Try to listen to it in the here and now, without Vietnam and Yoko Ono and without all the hype and bullshit heaped upon the bloody thing. If you're anything like me, the first time you hear it clearly, you'll hear a song that's actually pretty rubbish. And suddenly you realise that the same is true of ALL his post-Beatles back catalogue. Yet, this is supposed to be the foundation of a modern icon.

I don't know. He just rubs me up the wrong way. I mean, given that we're talking about John Lennon and not The Beatles, can you say anything credible in his defence? People have tried, but I'm not convinced.

It's hard to say if Lennon's solo stuff would have the reached the status it has today if he hadn't been in the Beatles. It's more or less obvious that so many people bought their solo stuff as they were the biggest band of the 60's (and all time). His or the other Beatles solo stuff doesn't reach the status the Beatles records has. I think what made the Beatles songs so good was the team of Lennon/McCartney and I also think that's why their solo stuff doesn't reach the same status. That and the "fact" (fact IMO ;)) that most of the artists making good music in the 60's made less good music in the 70's, just like the artist who made good music in the 70's made less good music in the 80's. You say "Take "Imagine" for example. Try to listen to it in the here and now, without Vietnam and Yoko Ono and without all the hype and bullshit heaped upon the bloody thing. If you're anything like me, the first time you hear it clearly, you'll hear a song that's actually pretty rubbish", but this is just a matter of taste. I agree with you that the song is crap, but I know that there are loads of people out who love the song. I think Lennon's status is deserved, but mostly because of his involvement in the Beatles.
Music is very, very hard to look at objectively, as music is 100% taste. Although I've said that the Beatles is the band who produced the music with the most quality in the 20th century that doesn't mean that for instance Ulvedal will rush out and buy all of their records, as he said he hates all non-metal music. The Beatles are legends, but if you don't like their music you don't like it, but their status can never be taken away from them, just like I said in my first thread about them (the reply to your Lennon stuff).

Excellent points put forward by Board. I am a newbie here, but I can already tell you`re somewhat of an oddity in this "if it doesn`t play at 300^pi bpm and has unintelligible vocals, we don`t like it" board. Now, with that off my chest, here`s a list of bands I can`t stand, and why:

-Cannibal Corpse

I would rather hit my head against a wall repeatedly until I`m knee deep in blood than listen to more than one Cannibal Corpse track in a row. Why? Because their songs sound exactly alike, the lyrics are pathetic, and the whole concept of the band is being as br00tal as humanly possible, and that just doesn`t cut it for me. Meshuggah is much scarier and heavy than CC could ever hope of being. And the song titles...well, they probably wouldn`t be above calling a song "raping young virgins with chainsaws and then eating their vaginas in horrible bloody cellar, while demons molest young boys and stick barb wire up their anuses".

-Mortician

You`ve already heard through my elaborate explanation of why I hate Cannibal Corpse. Now to give you some idea of how much I detest Mortician I will provide you the following waste of bandwidth:

-I would rather jump into a sea of caustic acid than listen to Mortician for more than 1 second.
-I would rather eat tse-tse flies with ammoniac marinated octopus entrails than buy a Mortician album.
-I hold more respect for someone who calls metal " the worst music ever made" than someone who says that Mortician is his favourite band.

Mortician has got to be the most pointless band ever to come into existence. Everything they make is a disgrace to the world of music, unintelligible vocals over a bass frequency so deep that you must have 500" speakers to hear them, and drum beats that makes Hammerfall sound creative in comparison. Toxic waste makes better music than Mortician.

-Hammerfall

Whoever gave these guys a record contract must have been deaf. Their songs belong to the 80`s and have been written a gazillion times before, the guitarist is a pathetic semi-wanker, the vocalist is worse than nails on a chalkboard run through a Metal Zone. In addition to this, you have "True Metal" lyrics with memorable lines like "The sword is on the street, it's kill or to be killed" and "Brothers in arms are fighting tonight
the Forces of Steel live again". What the fuck does one write lyrics like that for? Hammerfall is no more "true" than Limp Bizkit: Both obviously makes music to sell as much as possible and put money into the incapable record company they are on.

It is........FIVE POINTE O

What kind of band is this. I mean first the guy is singing, then rapping like Rages' Zach De La Rocha (which is annoying as hell and I used to like RATM:mad: :mad: :bah: :( :mad: ) then back to singing and then to the most annoying of screams that I heard. The guitarist that does the growls should not be playing for this band. He should start his own death metal band.

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I don't hate any bands....I hate very little. Hate is stupid; a word and an emotion thrown around carelessly and ignorantly. Kinda like love.

Bands I dislike;

Disturbed - Way overrated imo. Unoriginal music, utterly laughable lyrics, and an annoying as hell singer who likes to make monkey noises.

Slayer - Way overrated too. I mostly can't stand the vocals (I don't mind old school vox, but Araya is just plain pathetic) but I find the music pretty boring too. (and to hell with the importance arguments, I wouldn't give a shit if they were responsible for the entirety of musical history, I still think their music sucks)

Limp Bizkit - Again, the singer. He is a complete asshole with an unimaginably inflated ego and a really nerve-grating voice.

Soulfly - anyone say 'sellout' ?

Arch Enemy - Who gives a fuck if it's the Amott brothers? Boring vocals before, now the music is just plain banal. Disgustingly overrated. I want to gag reading the way people worship this band, fuck's sake, not to mention all the ripped riffs.

Children Of Bodom - The ripped movie intros really piss me off; get your own tunes to creative good first impressions. Some people actually don't realise it's not your writing.

Glassjaw - Interesting vocals that quickly became irritating in their fakeness, exaggeration and contrived 'emo' factor. Not to mention the immaturely mysoginistic lyrics that fans preach about being so 'intelligent' and 'poetic'. My ass.

Nightwish - Female singer is so deep and operatic it sounds handsomely masculine. Makes me want to baulk.

That's all I can think of right now..

you can name bands that you "dislike" as you want since you listen to mudvaine and marylin manson :rolleyes:

i could list some until tomorow...but who says they cant stand nightwish cause the vocals are completelly ignorent of what is vocal skills. and those who named , zeppelin , rush , dream theater are musical ignorents as well

Originally posted by Harp Heaven
"raping young virgins with chainsaws and then eating their vaginas in horrible bloody cellar, while demons molest young boys and stick barb wire up their anuses".

I swear to god I was laughing so hard after I read that I couldn't breathe.

Originally posted by Harp Heaven
Excellent points put forward by Board. I am a newbie here, but I can already tell you`re somewhat of an oddity in this "if it doesn`t play at 300^pi bpm and has unintelligible vocals, we don`t like it" board.
I'm one of those guys that more or less likes all kinds of music. I'm mostly into stuff from before the 80's, but I also like some metal stuff. I think there's a lot of stupid metal and I agree with you that Cannibal Corpse is stupid. I think that if I were to buy a CC record I wouldn't be able to sing along to one single riff on the record after 10 listens. I'm not saying music has to be super catchy that you can sing along the first time you hear it, but I doubt I will like a song after 20 listens if I say "Goddamn, this sucks big time" the first time I listen to it.
I also think that if you're one of those guys that think "if it doesn`t play at 300^pi bpm and has unintelligible vocals, we don`t like it" my Beatles discussion is pure crap and doesn't make much sense to you.
i could list some until tomorow...but who says they cant stand nightwish cause the vocals are completelly ignorent of what is vocal skills. and those who named , zeppelin , rush , dream theater are musical ignorents as well
Maybe it's not neccessary to repeat myself once again, but I think it has to be said that everybody's got different taste! If you don't like Rush, you don't like it. As simple as that. You don't control your own feelings and if you feel that their music is horrible there's nothing you can do about it. I feel that there's no such thing as "good taste" (or bad taste for that matter). A musical ignorant is also a thing that doesn't excist if you ask me. My mom could call me that if I commented on her listening to Bryan Adams, but I could do the same if she comments on me listening to Emperor. As I've said before music is 100% taste and there's no right and wrong.