Bone Thugs N Harmony
C-Murder
Snoop Dogg
Wu Tang Clan
Method Man
Redman
8Ball and MJG
and other rappers.
Mainly all I listened to was mostly rap and some Nu Metalm but never any Alternative or stuff like that, and by early I mean around 2000 when they first became popular, all 3 bands are watered down and I'm not buying any of thier new albums.
Dig by Mudvayne really made me get into Nu metal and probably was an indicator I'd like more extreme metal. Now I don't listen to rap as much and don't listen to Nu Metal much unless it's some of Mudvayne's harder songs like IMN, LD 50 Album, or Fucking Determined. I mainly listen to death metal and black metal now.

Before extreme metal there was...
Lost Prophets
Cave In
Trust Company
Hell is for heroes
cant remember, i was so young.

I was into punk in my early teens a lot - Descendents, All, Millencolin, Jawbreaker... that sort o' stuff. Then I got more into Black Sabbath and my tastes dramatically changed from there.

I still listen to a lot of the old Punk and "alternative" music that I used to though.

Before I started listening to Nightwish and Metallica....I listened to alot of alternative rock, pop, j-pop and cheesy trance as a kid.

Yeah, I was 12 when I started listening to metal. 13 for power metal :)

Punk...but only Offspring and Billy Talent

Then I moved into metalcore (Avenged Sevenfold primarily), and after a few months of that I got into real metal, Judas Priest was the first metal band I listened to, and it's still by far my favorite.

I'm also been getting into power/prog metal recently