bands you'd love to see

There are not that many bands which I like and not seen them live.

uuuhm.....

Antimatter

3rd and the mortal ( doubt if they played live ever at all :erk: )

I'd like to see, well all the ones i would of liked to of seen are dead :erk: Tim buckly, janis joplin, erm jeff buckly, but the ones who are still goin would be, john martin, tracy chapman, and a couple of 80's classics like culture club and duran duran :)

Most of those gigs I'd like to see are pretty much impossible. I'd like to see The Beatles, Queen with freddie, Rory Gallagher, Floyd with Roger Waters, Angra with the original lineup (for a second time), King Crimson, Dead Can Dance... :(:(:(

Then here's what can probably be done: Within Temptation (been waiting for years), Opeth (last time they played in Greece I had bought a ticket but I was borred and stayed home, sold the ticket to a friend - shame on me), Tori Amos, Dark Tranquillity (again, they're the best band I've seen live), Shaman. Time Machine would be nice. In Flames, Madder Mortem, Theatre Of Tragedy, Radiohead.

I'd also like to see classical concerts: Vivaldi, Liszt (all Hungarian Rhapsodies would be nice;)), Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven (I might go tonight ;)), Bach ("St. Matthew Passion" goes first!!), Tschaikowsky (priority!!!!).

Feanor IV said:
Within Temptation
:lol::lol::lol: Ho ho hoooohoho :lol:
I've had an overdose of Posers Within.....eerrrr Within Temptation already. They suck so horribly bad live, her VOICE :ill: and the guitarist's posing haha :):)
Sorry mate :)

Oooohhh and those GOTHIC backgrounds :lol: Any Graspoppers remember them? Cheese all the way.

Susie said:
I'd like to see, well all the ones i would of liked to of seen are dead :erk: Tim buckly, janis joplin, erm jeff buckly, but the ones who are still goin would be, john martin, tracy chapman, and a couple of 80's classics like culture club and duran duran :)
my sister saw john martin a few years back and she said he was a sad oul fuck off his biccie on coke. Shame cos his stuff is really good

Cerulean said:
I've had an overdose of Posers Within.....eerrrr Within Temptation already. They suck so horribly bad live, her VOICE :ill: and the guitarist's posing haha :):)

Oooohhh and those GOTHIC backgrounds :lol: Any Graspoppers remember them? Cheese all the way.

100% agreed... u forgot her terrible dresses tho :ill:

Don Corleone said:
tools - tell me a bit about peccatum. is that the band ihsahn plays with his wife? i havent found anything on the net about them. do you have a link or something?

yeh, he's in it with his wife Ihriel, and her husband ... dunno the name.
as far as i know, they dont have an official site yet, tho i made a google search

the music is really something different you'd expect compared to Emperor, really avant-garde, and leaves you quizzed at times - i cant really comprehend all arrangements, nor can i appreciate some. it's something you really need to get into thru time.

Ihriel is on the label Jester Records, and her band is named Star of Ash. it's ok.

other interesting bands you can find on Jester Recs. It's Kristoffer Rygg's label, aka Trickster G or Garm (Arcturus, Borknagar). Else you could check Tartaros (Charmand Grimloch's band - Ch.G. used to be Emperor's session keyplayer), and Blood Red Throne. On the other hand, Nocturnal Art Productions has got a cpl of nice bands as well, such as Apotheosis and Red Harvest.

and how was emperor live?
well, i saw them for teh 1st time here in Rotterdam - last show of the tour, so they were pissed, but the gig was still great, unlike the venue (Baroeg).
2nd time was @ the Dynamo, which was just fucking stunning - Emperor at its best on a big stage :D

i feel shite knowing they will never play again.... best BM band ever IMO.

Cerulean said:

i like them, musically. and therye very nice peeps. no issues whatsoever.

erm, I'd like to see Anathema, Antimatter,Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, ManOwar, Catamenia, Avantasia, Katatonia,Opeth...bouhou

Cerulean said:
I thought I saw you with a Tool shirt once eh :mad: (same as mine by the way)
I've heard totally different stories, about Tool live... Mates have been saying it's very impressive, special.
yes, impressive, special.... but nevertheless: boring and no fun
i like the albums tho :)

toolsofthetrade said:
i like them, musically. and therye very nice peeps. no issues whatsoever.

they are nice when u talk to them, very friendly, but I just cant stand her voice and listening to female vocals I prefer Nightwish, The Gathering or Lacuna Coil (3 absolutely great women there!)