best gig u ever went to

Well Ive only been to 2 metal gigs Black Label Society which had 2 shitty openers. And Between The Buried And Me, The Red Chord, and Cephalic Carnage. That was definately the best one. I just wished Cephalic woulda headlined instead of BTBAM.

Also Amon Amarth/Wintersun/Tyr owned.
And Nile/Behemoth/Unleashed/Belphegor/Incantation.
And Vader/Belphegor/Requiem.
Ephel Duath/Negura Bunget.
Immolation/Krisiun/Grave.
Porcupine Tree.
Necrophagist/Origin/Misery Index.
Napalm Death/Moonspell/Dew Scented/Behemoth/Root.
Gorerotted/Amon Amarth.
Amon Amath/Finntroll.

The first Dissection gig after Jon's release. Finally hearing some of the best songs ever live.

The very first Candlemass reunion gig, same day that Chuck Schuldiner died :(. Many famous metalheads in the audience, I remember talking to Mike Amott who is a huge Candlemass fan.

Dark Tranquillity - Bengtsfors 2004, because I was standing beside the drumkit the whole gig and it was a different experience.

Iron Maiden on the Ed Hunter tour or the tour for the first 4 albums. Best setlists of the 5 gigs I've witnessed.

Opeth doing a mellow set and a heavy set at a seated theater in Stockholm, as a warmup gig for the London dvd shoot. Very special atmosphere.

Amon Amarth, cd release gig for The Crusher at Pub anchor in Stockholm in front of 50 ppl. The band has definitely grown since then...

One of those.

I've never even been to a metal concert but the best concert I've ever been to was Rock the Bells in New York last month. It was a "world class hip-hop event" headlined by the Wu Tang Clan and Rage Against the Machine and I had a ton of fun there haha...I couldn't believe that I was enjoying so many of these rap bands that I just don't like at all (Although I was always a Wu Tang fan). The highlights were definetly Wu Tang and Rage, I've never been a fan of Rage but they were incredible live and their songs, with their stuipdly simple lyrics, seem like they were made to be sung along to by the crowd. Their guitarist is pretty incredible, too. He plays completely unlike anybody else I've ever seen, I always took his shredding skills for granted because the riffs used in their songs are so simple but...yeah it was a good time, New York City was awesome...some parts anyways. It was a pretty unique experience for somebody like me who lives in a small town in Massachusetts.

I think I'm going to go back to New York in about 3 weeks for the "Live Consternation Tour" with Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Insomnium and Scar Symmetry, who I hope will make a very brief appearance.

Slayer played a couple of gigs at a small venue here a while ago. Was pretty cool, seeing Slayer the entire Reign in Blood in front of only 1500 people.

Other than that...

Emperor played a lot of gigs back in the mid 90's that I enjoyed greatly. They were cool before that, too, but the gigs were always too short.

Immortal back when they were still playing Pure Holocaust and Diabolical... material. Or, on their At the Heart of Winter tour! Man, that was awesome...

Enslaved is always a bloody hoot. I don't care much for their newer material, but I still bang my head when they get on stage.

Metallica back in '92 was perhaps the gig in a lifetime for me.

Iron Maiden is ALWAYS awesome.

bah... so on and so on.

Haven't been to too many gigs, so for me it's either:

Alice Cooper in 2005. I had to endure Twisted Sister for what felt like an eternity, but it was well worth it for Alice.

Bloodstock Open Air 2005. Went mainly to see Children of Bodom but then I saw Edguy, who I'd never heard up to that point, and they blew everyone else away. It was also cool to see Masterplan, Paradise Lost and a few others too.

Metallica at Wembley this year is certainly a contender as well.

Overall, it would have to be Ozzfest 2004 (I think). Front and center for Slayer, reunited Priest, and classic Sabbath is headbanger nirvana.

Also: AC/DC/Queensryche
Iron Maiden/Guns N Roses (and every time I've seen Maiden)
Slayer/Hatebreed/Diecast (just for Slayer, in a theater)

Extreme steel tour, with Pantera, Slayer, and Morbid Angel in 2001 was my first gig. It ranks number one for me.

An honorable mention would be Suffocation and Behemoth a few years ago at the webster here in Hartford. It stands out because it was me and about 15 other dudes, almost felt like a personal gig just for me.

Sadly I can count the amount of gigs (not counting local bands that my boyfriend's in) I've gone to on one hand, however out of those I'd have to say when I saw Hypocrisy with Cannibal Corpse and Vile in 2004.

Emperor this year in NYC. It was godly. I was almost in the front. I was about one or two people back right in the middle. It was glorious. Their openers were terrible, though. Opeth comes as a close second, mainly for sentimental reasons, when the toured around here a few years back. It was my first metal gig. :)

been to many concert's over the past 15 year's , but for me it was gamma ray last year(december ) , me was front and centre in front of kai hansen . fucking awesome killer gig , great setlist , came away from concert totally knackered but couldn't wipe the smile off my face for day's . that and i caught kai hansen's pick :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

As far as metal gigs go:

Coroner - Camden Underworld, UK '93
Cynic - The Marquee Club UK '93
Slayer/Mastodon - Vodaphone Arena Aus, this year

I saw Alice In Chains and Velvet Revolver tonight in Saratoga and it was by far the best show I have ever seen. I knew Scott was in Stone Temple Pilots and Slash was in GnR not knowing much about them and after the AiC set decided to buy an AiC shirt and the new Velvet Revolver and they come on and put on the best show I have ever fucking seen.

fucking awesome