best gig u ever went to

^^^ that was a great show, but NOTHING beats standing in the front row, right after an amazing Behemoth set, in front of Vortex for the Dimmu Borgir show.

I haven't been to a great deal of gigs, but the Anthrax reunion show with Mortal Sin in 2005 in Perth would rank as my favourite. And to Satanstoenail, I am most jealous of that Coroner show.

la quiete in a shitty anarchist venue, the pit was fucking nuts but there was an incredible atmosphere of community, skramz kids rock :cool:

You are a bastard. An extremely lucky one at that. Who sang for AiC? Was he good?

I really have no idea and Jerry and him were perfect together and really into it. I was thinking no one could have been a better replacement and at the sametime the guy did not have this 'i think i'm layne staley attitude' or anything. I heard other people also and they were amazed by this guy and regardless everyone wanting to see Layne seemed accepting of him and were not disapointed at all.

Tracklist in no order besides first two

Grind
Again
We Die Young
Them Bones
Down In A Hole
It Aint Like That
Angry Chair
Would
Man In A Box
Rain When I Die
Rooster

could be missing a few

I actually liked the velvet revolver set more regardless AiC being incredible.

Wacken in general... but that doesn't count as a gig.

Kamelot last Sunday was absolutely amazing, and better than the first time I had seen them. So.. Kamelot, August 19th, BB King's, NYC, goes down as one of my bests.

I also enjoyed seeing Unleashed and Belphegor in NYC last February. The gig was amazing, and both bands put everything into that show.

Ive never been to a real metal gig aside from the small local stuff, I've seen some old bands though like Eddie Money, Aerosmith, and Jethro Tull. I love Jethro Tull and they put on an awesome show, they were the best out of the bands I've seen.

The first Bloodstock was pretty killer - Orange Fucken Goblin to full effect - Ben came on stage with a four pack of special brew and was already pissed up as fuck when he hit the stage! BLUE SNOW BABY

Has to be Opeth in 2001, just after Blackwater Park was released. They closed with the title track from the aforementioned album (ignoring the encore), and as the song reached its crescendo, the atmosphere was simply... euphoric. Truly a great performance by a brilliant collection of musicians.

Years and years ago (1994, to be exact) I saw Entombed and Amorphis. That was prolly my favorite, as I saw both bands when they were still good (though Entombed had already released Wolverine Blues, and their best era was thus over). Deicide, Dismember, and Vader comes in a close second. I saw Slayer last year, but Slayer was the only band on the bill I was into.

Years and years ago (1994, to be exact) I saw Entombed and Amorphis. That was prolly my favorite, as I saw both bands when they were still good (though Entombed had already released Wolverine Blues, and their best era was thus over). Deicide, Dismember, and Vader comes in a close second. I saw Slayer last year, but Slayer was the only band on the bill I was into.
I could only imagine how good Amorphis was back then.

I would pay 50+ dollars to see Amorphis at the bell centre in montreal.

i honestly have never been to a gig, i live in the middle of bumblefuck, and nothing ever comes anywhere near here, except like 2 hours away, i was gonna go to ozzfest, but i got the dates mixed up. In town all there is is bluegrass. I still havent met anyone as big into metal as me.