Best In Flames album?

Everything up to Clayman is good.

Subterranean is the best though. When that McD came out THAT is what got me totally obsessed with Euro metal. To this day, its one of the few I can listen to over and over.

schenkadere said:
Cool thanks...I was just reading reviews, and they all had the opposite opinion, but I'll take your word for it.

What sets Descent apart?

less in flames like, more straight forward swedish death/thrash.

i dont know how into the swedish thing you are....but ive said it in a million posts...get THE FORSAKEN. I recommend "traces of the past" for you to start with cause it has some kick ass covers on it you'll love.

forget all these fucking bitches here who have only heard one album.

they used to be one of my top two bands before they started sucking.

every album up to clayman is fucking awesome. the best album is Colony. zombie inc has the best riffs ever. it's my favorite metal song of all time. get Colony then all the albums before it, not forgetting lunar strain/subterranean.

sknight said:
Soundtrack. I've heard other stuff and there's just so much better out there.

wow youre an idiot. way to make an opinion on a band after listening to only one of their albums, and one of their WORST albums as well. seriously, any metal head knows that old school IF is among the best melo death to grace earth.

yes, they suck now. if you want to hear real melo-death rivival, check out Arsis - "a celebration of guilt"

88561.jpg

Devy_Metal said:
wow youre an idiot. way to make an opinion on a band after listening to only one of their albums, and one of their WORST albums as well. seriously, any metal head knows that old school IF is among the best melo death to grace earth.

yes, they suck now. if you want to hear real melo-death rivival, check out Arsis - "a celebration of guilt"
Reading comprehension, my challenged friend.

sknight said:
Don't waste your money. I tried them out, not knowing they cater to the CoF kiddies. I listened to the album and thought about how mindless and talentless this asswipes are.

You said, I listened to "the" album...you realize they have more than 1 album?

Soundtrack. I've heard other stuff and there's just so much better out there.

What "other" stuff have you heard? You weren't specific at all. Other stuff from which album? Which time period of the band?

You need to be more specific because judging by your answer, you make it sound like you have heard one album, "STYE" (easily their worst) and possibly some other random MP3's that could and most likely are post Clayman? That's not a good way to judge a band.

Oh, and you realize that Old IF has ten times more melody than any Morbid Angel album, right?

i dont care because i wasnt talking to you. i was talking to that other moron and giving the other dude some good recommendations because he likes melo-death.

the least you could do would be to say "if you like melo death then try out in flames. i dont like them, but most melo death fans like their old stuff." otherwise youre gonna have him miss out on some great metal.

gaschamber said:
its been about 7 weeks straight of steady listening to that album.

The Sound of Perseverance is endlessly entertaining. It's got some heavy riffing as well as a Zappa-esque rhythmic complexity...compile that with great musicianship, an awesome instrumental and a killer Priest cover and you have one very cool album. I can't imagine performing that stuff live...you'd have to be hella-well rehearsed.

In short...it kicks ass.:headbang:

schenkadere said:
The Sound of Perseverance is endlessly entertaining. It's got some heavy riffing as well as a Zappa-esque rhythmic complexity...compile that with great musicianship, an awesome instrumental and a killer Priest cover and you have one very cool album. I can't imagine performing that stuff live...you'd have to be hella-well rehearsed.

In short...it kicks ass.:headbang:

i know, its like death jazz.

do you have the delux edition with the dvd? its just a home video style video, but its good enough cause its all songs from the album....