Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Limp Kizkit

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Slayer (...)

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by bleed for me

you fuckin ignorant numetalphone. .

Dude did you just call someone a numetalphone?
what the hell does that mean?

nu-metal sucks big time, it mostly just comercial crap, whats with the coloured hair, and the trying to act tough?:mad:

I love nu-metal. I don't think my life is bad or any shit like that. I just enjoy the music, so you big meanies can go and eat a pope full of jargs!

Originally posted by Silver Raven
Could someone please tell me when Slayer became "Nu metal" because they have been around a fucking long time now!

So does being around for a long time make a band exempt from being nu-metal. Korn's been around for almost 12 years (long time to me) and they're nu-metal. Hell, they invented the shit basically.

Originally posted by Punisher

i know he quit but he is still the one who played at GHUA, which everyone is reffering to when they call slayer nu-metal. and dave lombardo is not with the band now, the tour is over and so is he....

Supposedly, but they are selling tickets for a show in 2/3 weeks here in london with lombardo, so he is still touring with them.

ah! we can but hope :D

Originally posted by Pieguy
'God Hates us All' IS a nu metal album.
I can't understand these wannabe-elitist-people who are trying to shock people by saying things like "Slayer is Nu-Metal" and "I want to kill all the Nu-metallers"

most of these people haven't even listened nu-metal bands more than two minutes. How well you can know a band based on that time?

Originally posted by Jayde

So does being around for a long time make a band exempt from being nu-metal. Korn's been around for almost 12 years (long time to me) and they're nu-metal. Hell, they invented the shit basically.

Well I guess I take that "Nu-Metal" means bands like Limp Bizkit, Staind & Slipknot. Never thought Slayer was "Nu-Metal" and I never will. Just my opinion!

I consider it quite narrow-minded to bash a whole genre. It is true that there are a lot of nu-metal-angst-lyrics-clones popping up on mtv, but it's the same in other genres - if something is successful, there are always people around to copy it. If you constantly deny everything you feel is too successful or too popular (irrespective of your personal taste) you will end up being one of those troo-blackmetallers claiming colored artworks are too commercial, or whatever...

I would consider neither Slayer nor Rammstein Nu-Metal, by the way. Slayer may have been influenced by Nu-Metal, but hey, they're still Slayer! And Rammstein are just, well, something else entirely.

What exactly is nu-metal?Isn't it a mix of rap-rock-pop-punk-allternative,etc.or something like that?My def. of nu-metal is any band that is played and promoted nonstop by MTV and mainstream radio...the bands that are the heaviest thing that MTV plays. But I wouldn't call Korn nu-metal.Sure,some of their latest stuff is on Mtv,but can you name any single from one of Korn's first 2 cds that was played on Mtv?That's nothing compared to Linkin Park,they were born and raised on Mtv.I love Korn,but Slayer and Slipknot are the only 2 bands on your list that I can stand(even though Staind was the first band that I ever saw in concert).

Or brought it to the mainstream, and took credit for inventing it.

Originally posted by dreaming neon darkspot
but can you name any single from one of Korn's first 2 cds that was played on Mtv?

Sure. Blind, Clown, Shoots and Ladders, and ADIDAS.

i only have two things to say:

1) its funny how a numetal thread can bring out all the angry people on a messageboard. i mean i've read people calling each other names and stuff, i havent seen that before on this board, certainly not a good thing

2) numetal is a genre, a bad one at that but a genre still. its not just a name given to bands on mtv or on the radio... i see it as just simple music played to a catchy beat with hiphop or rap influences, i always thought it was that simple??

Originally posted by Artifact 666
It's a nu-metal album. Nobody is trying to shock you.
Oh, please! You don't call an Atheist album a jazz-album just because it has traces of jazz-influences.

Another thing is that many people think they know what metal should be and think bands like Metallica or Megadeth owe them something for changing their music styles. I personally don't listen to much nu-metal, but I still think it is better that some people try to create something new. They might not renew the scene themselves, but they can make way and create ideas to someone who will...