Best to See Live?

MoshTalk.Com

MoshTalk.Com Owner
Jun 24, 2008
moshtalk.com
In your opinion, what are the best metal bands to see live?
My favorites are:
- Straight Reads the Line
- Threat Signal
- Apathy Unseen
- Senses Fail (I know, not really metal at all, but worth mentioning)
I really want to see In Flames!
I missed them at Gigantour though. :(

At The Gates, Primordial, Napalm Death, Wintersun, Carcass, Morbid Angel and Rotten Sound are some of the best I've seen.

Napalm Death are at the top of my list even though I've only seen them once. :cry:

Samael were great when I saw them on your with Dimmu Borgir many many years ago.

Megadeth. Saw them on the Cryptic Writings tour when it was still the bad ass lineup. Not sure how they sound now that's it's just Dave Mustaine and a constant revolving door of band members.

And a few others that are/were great live: Impaled, Enslaved, Immortal, Emperor, King Diamond, General Surgery and Neuraxis.

DragonForce, Pagan's Mind, Deicide, arsis

In an interview I read awhile back, Herman Li said there should be a cheat code on Guitar Hero III called "Dragonforce Live" and it allows you miss more notes and still pass the song. I forget where I read that at.

Do the solos sound good?

Most metal bands I've seen live were really boring. When I go to a concert I want to see a show. Watching a bunch of guys stand stationary and occasionally headbang is pretty lame.

So far the best live show I've ever seen would go to Dream Theater, Opeth, Rush, Aerosmith, and another one I can't remember.

edit: New Kids on the Block when I was young. :lol: fuck you