big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
She wants an abortion?

WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

Get that fucking kiddy out, get on with your life.

Whiny twat "But do I want to kill it?" What you fucking killing. It can't live at the moment. It's a parasite, a fucking symbiote.

i lolled at this

actually most of this thread is hilarious

if i was the accidental baby of two 16 year olds this retarded id hope to get aborted at the first opportunity

Astrum, don't listen to these people trying to appeal to emotions by saying "Oh, it's your own, it's your blood, don't kill your child, oh noes!"
What you need to do is seriously sit down with your girlfriend and think about every aspect of both your lives, as well as your family's lives, that will be affected by this. Given the situation you've described, the last thing you need is a baby, which at this stage, the thing inside your girlfriend is not (yet).

Your educational and career opportunities will be severely impacted in a bad way if you and your girlfriend choose to have this baby, and so will you and your family's finances. I'm sure either your or her family will essentially be paying for the kid for you since you probably don't have a job, or at least don't have a very good paying one.

You need to think in terms of practicality. Having a baby won't be good for either of you. The lives of two smart human beings are more important than a bunch of cells that isn't even alive yet.

Cells are alive.. you yourself are full of cells that believe it or not are alive.. we all are... and that "bunch of cells" as you call it that is in her womb is growing and alive as we speak on this forum... you wouldn't be here right now if your own parents thought like you do... you take life for granted too much it seems... and many people in this world have had babies at Astrum's age and managed to finish school (both college and HS), support financially their children and/or get a degree and have successful careers etc... it just means to grow up and be responsible and not take the easy way out and kill something that is yours in the process... you were "responsible" and "mature" enough to have sex then so you can be in raising a child or at the very least give it up for adoption...

Be responsible. People never fucking deal with the consequences of their actions any more.
I agree, I think you can raise a child, my neighbor's son had a child in highschool. Their financial situation wasn't good but they're doing fine. I think if you and your girlfriend work your asses off to give this child a good life it'll turn out fine in the long run, even if there are tough time in the process.
If you and your girlfriend both have jobs and your parents chip in here and there it'll work out.
Don't think of it as a burden, think of it as a blessing.

Ugh. Puns.

The best thing to do, especially if your girlfriend is in a state of mind where she won't kill an animal, but is willing to kill her baby, is talk to her about it and figure out what the best course of action is for both of you. You may not like it, but abortion doesn't have to be the answer. The child will be better off (and not dead) if you give him up for adoption. I disagree with cookiecutter's point of view on this matter. Why kill it? Why? There's really no reason unless the child is concieved through incest, rape, or there's a danger to the mother's life. The best alternative is to see the pregnancy through, then give the child up for adoption.

This is your mistake, bro. I hate to put it like that, but at the same time...it really is. The only foolproof way to not have a baby is to not have sex. Your girlfriend is pregnant, and now you have a big choice to make. I don't think that you should get an abortion. This is a huge moral issue, and when abortion is used as a means of birth control, it teaches the youth of America irresponsibility and desensitizes them to violence and, as I believe, murder. Don't kill it, let someone else raise it, someone who, perhaps, might not be able to have their own child. If the sex that conceived the child was meant to be a loving bond to bring the two of you closer together, killing the creation from that union would seem rather foolish, or so one would think.

I have to say this is very well put.

As a father of 2, working from home and raising the kiddos during the day (vs. putting them in day care) etc. - I will echo that it is the hardest thing you will ever do in your life. I won't argue about pro-choice/pro-life etc. but I will tell you that, if she's aware she is pregnant (and just in case, I would want to see verification) then you have a living person you are dealing with inside her belly. Sit down with her, and with both of your parents, and talk/think this through. Do NOT forget to bring your parents into this, because I will tell you now, whether you aborted or have this child, your parents WILL BE and ARE involved. Whether it involves money they put out, time they spend either caring for you mentally (if you deal with regret) or time baby sitting for you while you work/educate yourself, etc. - somehow someway either road you take your parents will be involved - do the proper thing and make both sets aware and deal with it all together.

Yeah, uh don't fall into this 'Oh if you don't want the baby put it up for adoption' bullshit. Adoption can often put the kids into awful fuckin' homes, I've seen it happen far too many times with my friends who're in adopted families. People in it for the money and nothing else, people who're abusive, etc.

The best thing to do, especially if your girlfriend is in a state of mind where she won't kill an animal, but is willing to kill her baby, is talk to her about it and figure out what the best course of action is for both of you. You may not like it, but abortion doesn't have to be the answer. The child will be better off (and not dead) if you give him up for adoption. I disagree with cookiecutter's point of view on this matter. Why kill it? Why? There's really no reason unless the child is concieved through incest, rape, or there's a danger to the mother's life. The best alternative is to see the pregnancy through, then give the child up for adoption.

This is your mistake, bro. I hate to put it like that, but at the same time...it really is. The only foolproof way to not have a baby is to not have sex. Your girlfriend is pregnant, and now you have a big choice to make. I don't think that you should get an abortion. This is a huge moral issue, and when abortion is used as a means of birth control, it teaches the youth of America irresponsibility and desensitizes them to violence and, as I believe, murder. Don't kill it, let someone else raise it, someone who, perhaps, might not be able to have their own child. If the sex that conceived the child was meant to be a loving bond to bring the two of you closer together, killing the creation from that union would seem rather foolish, or so one would think.
Two points here. First, adoption is an imperfect solution. You think everyone that gets put up for adoption is adopted? As Mort said, do you think they all get placed into good homes? There is a chance the child could get lucky and placed into a good home, but there is also a chance he is raised in foster care and orphanages his whole life. Why not just abort before it becomes a person. A fetus is not a person and killing it is not murder. Your emotional point at the end was silly too, as the meaning behind the sex that conceived the child in no way affects the "creation from that union".

Second, it's obvious he isn't doing this as birth control. No sane person would do that. Obviously it is extremely difficult to get an abortion. It's surgery. Astrum has said he doesn't remember not using a condom, so clearly he understands safe sex. This vindictive "you screwed up, now you gotta live with it" attitude helps absolutely no one, and harms everyone. This is what abortions are for, to help people who screwed up. I think it's awful how some of you are saying that he should keep it as punishment. Also, it's not like anyone would come out of a situation like this and think that they should be less safe with sex, so your slippery slope argument, as most are, is just wrong.

Astrum, don't listen to these people trying to appeal to emotions by saying "Oh, it's your own, it's your blood, don't kill your child, oh noes!"
What you need to do is seriously sit down with your girlfriend and think about every aspect of both your lives, as well as your family's lives, that will be affected by this. Given the situation you've described, the last thing you need is a baby, which at this stage, the thing inside your girlfriend is not (yet).

Your educational and career opportunities will be severely impacted in a bad way if you and your girlfriend choose to have this baby, and so will you and your family's finances. I'm sure either your or her family will essentially be paying for the kid for you since you probably don't have a job, or at least don't have a very good paying one.

You need to think in terms of practicality. Having a baby won't be good for either of you. The lives of two smart human beings are more important than a bunch of cells that isn't even alive yet.
Thank you. :worship:

you don't fucking make mistakes about shit this big unless youre a gigantic flaming retard. he deserves every insult that's been flung his way. god what the fuck is wrong with you people

you don't fucking make mistakes about shit this big unless youre a gigantic flaming retard. he deserves every insult that's been flung his way. god what the fuck is wrong with you people

I didn't know not being an idiot was wrong :rolleyes:

LadyValerie said:

I disagree, Lady Valerie. Life starts, and though the debate rages on with scientists, more are starting to agree with this point of view, AT CONCEPTION. When that sperm cell touches the egg and fertilizes it, that's it. That's a baby, whether you want it to be or not. Basically, the entire debate of abortion, legally, comes down to one small question that has been going on for years: "Are the unborn a human being?"

To this question, my response has always been a resounding "yes!" The unborn are just as much a human as the two parents who concieved it.

Look at it this way...When my brother was born, I was 9. My mother had gone through 4, I reapeat, fucking FOUR miscarriages. Dad said they were to the point where they didn't know if they could have a child, even though they really wanted to. They considered, for a time, adopting a child that was less fortunate than what we had at the time (which was saying a lot, we were fucking poor). This happens daily with many couples worldwide. The people who don't want a baby concieve by accident and kill it, and the people who do want it concieve on purpose and it dies in the womb or on the way out. Someone in this world is going to want to adopt, and there's a good possibility that it may be yours.

I do, however, agree that you need to sit down with your girlfriend and talk about this. This is a major decision for you, Astrum, a life changing decision either way you go. Like Nec said, nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. Don't kill it just to avoid a pregnancy, you did this, you kinda fucked up a little, and it's your job to take it like a man, deal with it, and either father the child or give it to someone who can. That's it. Honestly, if I ever got my girlfriend pregnant, I'd do everthing in my power to raise that kid. I would NOT want it aborted. Period. It would be my responsibility, and I would raise that child the best that I could (Cannibal Corpse would most likely be saved for the teenage years). It's your kid, it's your girlfriend, it's your responsibility, and no matter what happens in the end, there's really no easy way out. Abortion is not a "quick fix."

Statistically speaking, there's just as much of a chance that something can happen to your girlfriend if you chose to have the baby aborted. Women have been known to die from that sort of thing, dude, and even then, the "safer" methods aren't always foolproof, either. A good friend of mine from the town where my great-grandmother lives is a survivor of a salt abortion. You know what that is? They pump a high dose of sodium into the mother's womb to burn the baby, then suck it out through a tube. Well, they never sucked him out through that tube because the doctor fucked it up. His entire body is covered in scars and the face that he could have had will never be, simply because his mom didn't want a child. Could you imagine having to explain that to your son/daughter?

I'm ranting a little, and maybe it's the lack of sleep and my stubborn and relentless stance on this issue, but until the moment that I die, I'll keep saying it. TAKE FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. I was a mistake, and my parents...ok, my MOM took responsibility for me (my biological father is an asshole, I don't care to ever meet him again). I turned out just fine, a normal, functional part of today's society that will get along just fine in the world. Think about it, dude, think about it fucking hard. Weigh all the options, but don't do something simply because the majority of the advice you get is to have an abortion. Think about alternatives, as well.

See if your going to say something like that, which is insulting, at least have a SOLID reason for it. You do not contribute to this thread at all.

EDIT:mad: Fates warning

On the other hand,@ astrum, I would take everything that everyone here has said and then talk to your Girlfriend as soon as you can. Regardless of some people here helping you out or not, take what they said and talk to her about it. Especially before its to late to make the decision you both agree on, and the right decision

On the other hand,@ astrum, I would take everything that everyone here has said and then talk to your Girlfriend as soon as you can. Regardless of some people here helping you out or not, take what they said and talk to her about it. Especially before its to late to make the decision you both agree on, and the right decision

Panzerfaust, I believe that's the most intelligent post in this thread so far.

Nobody here has a final and "correct" opinion. This is advice via debate, take what you see and use it to talk with your girlfriend.

See if your going to say something like that, which is insulting, at least have a SOLID reason for it. You do not contribute to this thread at all.

im going to put forward a new idea in opposition to both pro-life and pro-choice. it is called anti-life, and does not refer to the baby but instead the imbecile who accidentally impregnates a (vegan) girl then whines about it on the internet

the first page of this thread was really good i can't believe the depths it's sunk to

fates warning, in a sharp contrast to the previous statement of extreme intelligence, makes his move. Let us watch as he says something so incredibly stupid that it makes everyone lose approximately 300 IQ points, therefore effectively ending the debates in this thread. [/golfcommentary]

I disagree, Lady Valerie. Life starts, and though the debate rages on with scientists, more are starting to agree with this point of view, AT CONCEPTION. When that sperm cell touches the egg and fertilizes it, that's it. That's a baby, whether you want it to be or not. Basically, the entire debate of abortion, legally, comes down to one small question that has been going on for years: "Are the unborn a human being?"

To this question, my response has always been a resounding "yes!" The unborn are just as much a human as the two parents who concieved it.

Look at it this way...When my brother was born, I was 9. My mother had gone through 4, I reapeat, fucking FOUR miscarriages. Dad said they were to the point where they didn't know if they could have a child, even though they really wanted to. They considered, for a time, adopting a child that was less fortunate than what we had at the time (which was saying a lot, we were fucking poor). This happens daily with many couples worldwide. The people who don't want a baby concieve by accident and kill it, and the people who do want it concieve on purpose and it dies in the womb or on the way out. Someone in this world is going to want to adopt, and there's a good possibility that it may be yours.

picard-2.jpg

This post is one big failboat of illogic and emotion. I'll break it down.

You provide no evidence of these supposed scientists that think life begins at conception. Obviously a fetus is alive. What matters, as Mort alluded to, is whether it is an aware person. I am pretty sure that a clump of cells with no function brain is not an aware person. You stating a resounding yes has no relevance to anyone beyond you.

This is totally irrelevant. Anecdotes are not arguments.

I do, however, agree that you need to sit down with your girlfriend and talk about this. This is a major decision for you, Astrum, a life changing decision either way you go. Like Nec said, nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. Don't kill it just to avoid a pregnancy, you did this, you kinda fucked up a little, and it's your job to take it like a man, deal with it, and either father the child or give it to someone who can. That's it. Honestly, if I ever got my girlfriend pregnant, I'd do everthing in my power to raise that kid. I would NOT want it aborted. Period. It would be my responsibility, and I would raise that child the best that I could (Cannibal Corpse would most likely be saved for the teenage years). It's your kid, it's your girlfriend, it's your responsibility, and no matter what happens in the end, there's really no easy way out. Abortion is not a "quick fix."
What you would do is also irrelevant. Again, telling people that they should "take it like a man, deal with it" is abhorrent. I believe it irresponsible to father an unwanted child. It hurts EVERYONE including the child.

Statistically speaking, there's just as much of a chance that something can happen to your girlfriend if you chose to have the baby aborted. Women have been known to die from that sort of thing, dude, and even then, the "safer" methods aren't always foolproof, either. A good friend of mine from the town where my great-grandmother lives is a survivor of a salt abortion. You know what that is? They pump a high dose of sodium into the mother's womb to burn the baby, then suck it out through a tube. Well, they never sucked him out through that tube because the doctor fucked it up. His entire body is covered in scars and the face that he could have had will never be, simply because his mom didn't want a child. Could you imagine having to explain that to your son/daughter?
Care to show us these statistics Professor? Or are you just talking out of your ass again. One main reason abortion was legalized and should stay legal is to prevent women from having to endure dangerous abortion techniques. People like you who try to stop abortions only make it more dangerous. Your story about the "salt-abortion" is just irrelevant scare-mongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.