Black Metal.

Pretty much listening to Arizmenda - Within the Vacuum of Infinity... nonstop for the last couple of days.

So good.

The Norwegian bands are great. American stuff seems kind of phony at times. Check out this band, 'Shining'. The video gets awesome at around 2:15.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

That Shining is actually kind of interesting -- they're on a Norwegian label that mostly deals in experimental stuff, noise, jazz, drone, ambient, etc. but Shining are sort of coming from that angle while being influenced by stuff like Cynic and King Crimson.

But uh yeah, not exactly relevant here.

Maybe this is more fitting in the Music Recommendation forum, but I've been an elitist pig and only listened to 90's norwegian black metal for god knows how many years now..and the only other black metal I listen to is from the upcoming French scene, stuff like Blut Aus Nord and DSO..but that stuff really just reminds me of dark ambient and less of black metal ..though I do think that The Work Which Transforms God is a genius album throughout

Has anyone had the same dilemma as me? I want to start getting into new black metal but the Norwegians got me bound on a leash! Is there perhaps a band that has a sound reminiscent of old-school Norwegian BM mixed in with some fresh modern BM?