Black Metal.

Listening to The Work Which Transforms God for the first time.

Is it just me, or is this shit so profoundly disturbing that it make a lot of black metal look like a joke in comparison?

Good album. I like the closing track a lot, even though it's basically just the same thing over and over. Still super badass.

Also, I am late to the party with Ruins Of Beverast. What's the general opinion on the boards about "Rain Upon The Impure?" I just listened to it, and I really enjoyed it. I heard that there was a lot of fuss about the production sucking or something, dunno what that's all about, it sounded fine to me...

I really like Rain Upon The Impure personally (imo it's their best). The two middle metal tracks aren't brilliant or anything but I love how murky the whole thing sounds and I'm pretty much in love with the first two tracks and the last, track two most of all.

Gents, we have a convert.

Grant, how do you feel about the track "Our Blessed Frozen Cells"?

Awesome riffs, wild sound effects. Percussion seems tedious a lot of the time though. I think there were others I liked better, but I need to re-listen to get a better idea.

I'm not a very cooperative convert, am I?

Is it just me, or is this shit so profoundly disturbing that it make a lot of black metal look like a joke in comparison?

Agreed. This album is a lot more disturbing than a lot of actual black metal bands and i love it for that reason. It's just so fucking disturbing! The fucking scary dissonant riffs, the creepy guitar tone, and the spooky ambient background noises all add to a particularly disturbing atmosphere.

Blut Aus Nord is fuckin' amazing and one of my favourite black metal bands ever.

I'm gonna give The Ruins of Beverast's Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite a listen soon. I really liked Unlock the Shrine alot, and haven't heard Rain Upon the Impure.

TWWTG has yet to click with me. i think I read too much hype before my initial listen. I has not written it off yet though and think I will give it another try this morning.

i think it makes a lot of black metal which attempts a similar kind of mood look like a joke in comparison, but it's annoying when people suggest that that mood is the pinnacle of everything all black metal has ever strived for. it isn't. hell, just got to listen to BAN's even better early stuff to appreciate that.

I'm still not really getting too much out of that album. I just listened to it again, and while I enjoy it I do not regard it as this monumental frightening work that just about everyone else seems to hail it as.

I wouldn't use the word frightening anyway. Chilling yes, because for me it captures the sound of urban decay and technological enslavement. If anyone here has seen the film Tetsuo, it's like a soundtrack to that.

And it really is quite clearly their best album.

Blut Aus Nord is fuckin' amazing and one of my favourite black metal bands ever.

I'm gonna give The Ruins of Beverast's Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite a listen soon. I really liked Unlock the Shrine alot, and haven't heard Rain Upon the Impure.

Last album The Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite is their best album even though its different from their older things.

Anyone likes greece bands here?Something like Varathron,Astarte,Thou Art Lord,Naer Mataron?

Hey, it is a new Masters Hammer Album out their. :headbang:

257163.jpg

Last album The Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite is their best album even though its different from their older things.

Anyone likes greece bands here?Something like Varathron,Astarte,Thou Art Lord,Naer Mataron?

Yes, Greece has one of the best metal scenes today. Varathron, Dead Congregation, Kronos, Nocternity, Zemial, and others. So good.