Black Metal.

not really. he's in a different band, but I had the same initial impression

No I'm not a member of Thantifaxath. LOL
I already tried promoting my band here a long time ago and it didn't work at all.
I was more hoping someone might know more about them. For example, where they are really from , because I know it's not Antarctica.

I think their music is pretty awesome with the exception of the vocals that are lacking and have too many effects on them.

aeternus_beyond.jpg

Just picked up a copy of this today for five bucks.

Yeah because this is going to be so accurate, especially from a Christian:

Kentucky Political Blogger To Produce Documentary About Black Metal - Dec. 29, 2009

Well-known Kentucky political blogger and musician William "Shack" Shackleford has announced plans to produce a documentary about black metal in America.

"Many kids have no idea what true black metal is all about," said Shackleford. "Patriarchs like [BURZUM leader] Varg Vikernes and others in the movement are grossly misunderstood.

"I have been exchanging emails with Vikernes. Hopefully we can work it out so I can release these emails as a part of the upcoming documentary."

Shackleford added, "I am a Christian but I understand how some disenfranchised youths in Europe and America view the secular church.

"I am not producing this documentary in a Christian-only point of view. It will include everyone's point of view.

"I think it is important that metal fans young and old sit down and begin to understand today's metal. It's not all face paint and loud guitars; it is serious business in many parts of the world.

"I am a huge black metal fan and I am not producing this documentary to take a shit on the genre either."

Black Station Productions will produce and release the documentary sometime in 2010.

Shackleford's blog, The Rural Democrat, is described as "one of the top Democratic-leaning blogs in America." Shackleford is also the lead guitarist for Kentucky's "premiere metal band" INCHAINED.

Just listened to Hate Them. Underrated me thinks. It just sounds so pissed off and bitter. Good stuff. Not Black Metal majesty, but angry for sure.

Hate Them is a fantastic record. :kickass:

Gentlemen, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday so I'm bringing it up now.

This is probably the first time I see anyone mentioning "Hate Them", the album that actually got me into Black Metal. I also think this is an extremely underrated Darkthrone album.

People should listen to it carefully, it's pure gold.

Cheers!! :kickass:

Gentlemen, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday so I'm bringing it up now.

This is probably the first time I see anyone mentioning "Hate Them", the album that actually got me into Black Metal. I also think this is an extremely underrated Darkthrone album.

People should listen to it carefully, it's pure gold.

Cheers!! :kickass:

Yes! :kickass:

Rust, Fucked Up & Ready To Die, Ytterst I Livet... OMG, BRILLIANT songs, metal as absolute fuck, and fun to play!

Yeah, Clair Cassis sounds like it's for me. Picks up where Genevieve left off. The new VC stuff is something different. I still don't know what to think about Paa Opal... yet, but I'm hoping it grows on me. It's really sleepy. Genevieve had some real intensity behind that druggy haze, and I hear that in the Clair Cassis stuff too.

The Fullmoon demo rules.

I'm not sure if it will match the emotion and atmosphere of Genevieve (which is one of my favorite albums ever), but that material sounded very promising. I was slightly put off by the clunky drumming in that bridge part, but this is certainly something I'll buy.

Does anyone know of any albums similar to Antaeus- Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan? I'm looking for something that fuses the violent Pure Holocaust-esque melodies with extremely varied songwriting and stays focused throughout; perhaps a short running time is a nice prerequisite.

If this needs to be moved to the recommendations forum, do so; but I thought it was more appropriate here.