Black Metal.

But the point I was making is that my opinions on certain pop bands have no effect on my metal taste especially as I tend not to like my metal to have similar qualities as the pop music I like.

What kinds of qualities? Chord progressions? Vocal styles?

I love Paramore, but I don't like metal bands that rely on a similar formula such as Soilwork.

I don't necessarily dislike the chord progressions or anything in a band like Paramore; but then again, they utilize catchy chord progressions. Why wouldn't I like such chords when played in an actually good song?

What I can't stand most about bands like Paramore are the lyrics and vocals. They're atrocious, in my opinion. It's very rare that pop artists/songs compose interesting lyrics.

Seems at least once a week Mort feels the need to argue and make two pages of worthless discussion. This shit is getting old.

@ Eligos, why argue with someone who enjoys Pain of Salvation

What kinds of qualities? Chord progressions? Vocal styles?

I don't necessarily dislike the chord progressions or anything in a band like Paramore; but then again, they utilize catchy chord progressions. Why wouldn't I like such chords when played in an actually good song?

What I can't stand most about bands like Paramore are the lyrics and vocals. They're atrocious, in my opinion. It's very rare that pop artists/songs compose interesting lyrics.

Well I don't exactly like vocal led metal or metal that relies specifically on being catchy to get by. Those are things I don't mind out of pop musicians and bands but do not want in my metal.

@Belligerent

You like Kalmah, Ensiferum, and Keep of Kalessin. Shove it. Also I've not listened to Pain of Salvation in any extensive manner in well over a year and a half.

Ensiferum's first album is the only one worthwhile TBQFH

as far as Kalmah and KoK, Einherjar likes them too. I have someone here to back up my tastes. I don't claim to know everything by every genre but people come to me for rec's quite often which i highly doubt happens to you. No one wants rec's on some fagboy tight jeaned band.

Never claimed him to have great metal taste either tbqh

No one here comes to me for recommendations because I've never really set myself apart from the pack as far as metal taste goes, but other places yes.

Places with more interest in non-metal music that isn't progressive rock, sure.

And honestly considering what I've been listening to a lot this past week, I know more than a few people here WOULD be interested in listening to it.

can't stop listening to Atomizer atm,when they were active i never really gave them much of a listen,really great and varied Australian Black/Thrash,I think at the time I considered them a light weight version of Destroyer 666 but these guys have so much more going for them,they progressed a hell of alot too between their first and last albums,to the point where their last album has so many different styles that it's hard to classify,this is so much better than the last D666 album,very disturbing in some ways,this is the epitome of grower,i absolutely love this album(Caustic Music For The Spiritually Bankrupt).This band posessed so many ridiculously good riffs it's not even funny.