Black Metal.

Well, i like black metal but i find it too repetitive. Too much copycat bands, i would like to hear more original band like Arcturus...

Lately, I've been feeling a bit nostalgic. So I've decided to listen to a lot of the black metal albums that I listened to when I first got into the genre. There's a number of great black metal albums that I honestly haven't listened to in years...

I have been thinking along the same lines lately,although have'nt actually listened to much of my old stuff,I've been stuck on newer stuff for ages,might have to go back and check out some of the older albums.

It's a lot of fun. The past few years I've mainly stuck to newer releases and there was even a period where I felt I was losing interest in black metal and spent far more time exploring other genres.

I listened to A Blaze in the Northern Sky last night for the first time in a long, long time. Though I admit, the album isn't as good as I remember it being. I still remember loving the track "In the Shadow of the Horns" when I first heard it.

In addition to those that I'm already familiar with or own, I'm also just generally checking out stuff from the early 90's scene that I may have overlooked. So, in a way, it's like starting all over again.

I actualy still have a cassette version of 'A Blaze...' and "In The Shadow Of The Horns' was THE song off the album that absolutely kicked my ass way back then.Enslaved 'Blodhemn' is looking good atm :kickass:

Well, i like black metal but i find it too repetitive. Too much copycat bands, i would like to hear more original band like Arcturus...

Bands like Arcturus:

Ulver
Dodheimsgard
Reverence
Solefald
Diabolical Masquerade
Vulture Industries
Frantic Bleep (kinda)
Code

Unique black metal bands:

Luror
S.V.E.S.T.
Blut Aus Nord
Lunar Aurora
Krallice
Leviathan
Nagelfar
Verdunkeln
Ekpyrosis
Negura Bunget
Njiqahdda

Bands like Arcturus:

Ulver
Dodheimsgard
Reverence
Solefald
Diabolical Masquerade
Vulture Industries
Frantic Bleep (kinda)
Code

I'd throw Borknagar (at least the albums The Olden Domain and Quintessence) on this list as well. Fen also reminds me of Ulver sometimes, if not of Arcturus.

Unique black metal bands:

Luror
S.V.E.S.T.
Blut Aus Nord
Lunar Aurora
Krallice
Leviathan
Nagelfar
Verdunkeln
Ekpyrosis
Negura Bunget
Njiqahdda

And to this fine list I shall add Nocte Obducta and Black Lotus.

You know, I would have listed Nocte Obducta, but they have influenced enough bands and created enough side projects that they're not quite unique anymore.

And Black Lotus sounds too much like Borknagar. But they are good. And I approve of Borknagar being added to the first list.

But then again, both bands belong on any list. List of talented Brutal Death Metal bands? Nocte Obducta. Hands down.