Black Metal.

Beautiful album man. It's those fucking guitars, the tone and playing is awesome. Songwriting is excellent. Not a lot of "bite" to the music, but the melodies are brilliant. Neige just gets better with each album. Ecailles de Lune, so far, is the best thing I've heard in 2010. The only small quibble I have is it's too short. Absolutely worth 41 minutes of your time.

:lol: woah! Ecailles de Lune is good, but not that good. The best thing on the record is Ecailles de Lune part II. The rest is mediocre, but that track alone is so good it lifts the merit of the whole record imo. The same I found, occured with Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde in Les Iris.

Neige can write some amazing stuff, but perhaps for his next work he should do a 'one-song-entire-album' job given the above 'pattern'.

HI I'M NEW I think wittr - and by extension all other ambient bm bands - are Epic Gay.

WITTR are so over-rated it's not funny. The masturbation over them is totally unwarranted imo, even more so when you realise how shit they are when you see them live. A bunch of tryhard wannabes doing the same thing the majority of the US scene is doing - trying to catch up and failing epicly.

What do you guys think of Ruined - The Haunted House? I still do not know where I stand with this album.

WITTR are so over-rated it's not funny. The masturbation over them is totally unwarranted imo, even more so when you realise how shit they are when you see them live. A bunch of tryhard wannabes doing the same thing the majority of the US scene is doing - trying to catch up and failing epicly.

they get a big following w/ the college crowd because of their eco-anarchist post-spiritualist whiny faux-poetry dithering-around-three-pitches thing.

They created some ridiculous story about living in the woods off of nature or some shit and tons of hipster nature fags were like OMG HOW COOL and became fans. Something like that.

They created some ridiculous story about living in the woods off of nature or some shit and tons of hipster nature fags were like OMG HOW COOL and became fans. Something like that.

imagery is half the reason music is cool though. i mean yeah wittr are awful but i do like that theyre fighting the system in their own contrived little way or whatever.

conversely I think those one man bedroom bands like Xasthur that are (or were at one point) technically very nice to listen to and conceptually cool are terrible because there's no image or outside force driving them + enhancing their musical uh... aims. they're just guys screaming into an ipod earphones and while it might sound cool probably it's really boring.

in short bands that are good but bland are bad and bands that are bad but set fire to things and generally are awesome offstage are bad.

HI I'M NEW I think wittr - and by extension all other ambient bm bands - are Epic Gay.

Yeah, WIITR are pretty bland. I disagree that all ambient black is "gay;" but it does feature its fair share of poor acts.

I, personally, find ambient black/post-rock acts like Fen and Altar of Plagues to be fantastic.

Also, the more I listen to it, the more I realize that Eld is Enslaved's best album (or my favorite, I should say), and one of the best black metal albums of the 90s.

Yeah, WIITR are pretty bland. I disagree that all ambient black is "gay;" but it does feature its fair share of poor acts.

I, personally, find ambient black/post-rock acts like Fen and Altar of Plagues to be fantastic.

Also, the more I listen to it, the more I realize that Eld is Enslaved's best album (or my favorite, I should say), and one of the best black metal albums of the 90s.

Agreed with WIITR. There's nothing appealing on their music. Ulver, Empyrium, October Falls (when they play metal) and Agalloch are great bands with nice atmosphere. I don't like too much Fen, nothing new at all. I can't stand Woods of Ypres tho.

Ecailles de Lune is amazing just for the first 3 tracks, then its all downhill.

What do u think about Blodhemn? I think it's incredible. Fast black metal with heavy viking feeling. Great riffs too. Eit Auga Til Mimir is stunning, it's a shame that Enslaved don't play Blodhemn songs live.

:lol: woah! Ecailles de Lune is good, but not that good. The best thing on the record is Ecailles de Lune part II. The rest is mediocre, but that track alone is so good it lifts the merit of the whole record imo. The same I found, occured with Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde in Les Iris.

Neige can write some amazing stuff, but perhaps for his next work he should do a 'one-song-entire-album' job given the above 'pattern'.

Too bad every song is utterly fantastic.

I totally get what you mean by soft, but I still thought the songwriting was very good. I guess I think of it as a slight departure from a "metal" sound.

And by the time they released Vertebrae, their sound had drifted very far from anything that would benefit from a heavy production anyway, the focus lies elsewhere. Having said that, the production is still way too dry, and doesn't exactly help anyone to get used to the album.

Agreed the songwriting was great, but the execution overall, production inclusive, was a letdown. Still though, it's a lot better than what many bands are putting out. But we all know Enslaved can do better...