Black Metal.

Excellent album. If you like it, check out Beyond the Wandering Moon if you haven't already. It's probably my favorite album of all time.

Oh, I already own Beyond the Wandering Moon. That album is the reason I bought ...And So the Night Became. I haven't listened to the latter enough to tell which one I like better, but they're both fucking awesome epic albums.

Don't own Dark Sorcery. I'll make sure to look for it; thanks.

Dark Fortress is to Germany as 1349 is to Norway. Their music is pretty shallow and has minimal return value. I don't like how they bring this sort of sassy image into black metal. It reminds me of Warrant or Rat or something of that nature.

Let's fucking snap our fingers and walk down an alley cuz we're black metal gangsters and you won't fuck with our shit lest we blow you away with the mighty magic of our ancestors.

Yay, norsecore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Fortress is to Germany as 1349 is to Norway. Their music is pretty shallow and has minimal return value. I don't like how they bring this sort of sassy image into black metal. It reminds me of Warrant or Rat or something of that nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTvcL2WzKM

Let's fucking snap our fingers and walk down an alley cuz we're black metal gangsters and you won't fuck with our shit lest we blow you away with the mighty magic of our ancestors.

Yay, norsecore.

Rocking black metal like that is the most boring type of metal there is. I don't quite get what it wants me to feel when listening. Black metal gangsters is a good name, it's almost more like some kind of self-promotion.

This album is godly...I can listen to this all day and do nothing.

filosofem.jpg

I'm awaiting the new Nachtmystium which is debatable as "Black Metal" maybe but I sure loved me some Assasins.

Ihsahn's After is kinda blowing me away too.

Like Death Metal I'm kinda picky with what I listen to so my listening experience is limited. I really like stuff like Darkthrone and Immortal but I'm liking the progressive stuff a lot more,like newer Enslaved.

Are there any other bands I should be checking out?

Like Death Metal I'm kinda picky with what I listen to so my listening experience is limited. I really like stuff like Darkthrone and Immortal but I'm liking the progressive stuff a lot more,like newer Enslaved.

Are there any other bands I should be checking out?

You'll probably enjoy these:

Blut aus Nord
Absu (especially S/T album)
Misery's Omen (Awesome Progressive BM)
Nazxul
Primordial