Black Metal.

Anyone heard of an Australian black metal band called ruins? If so whats your thoughts? I am really quite new to the black metal stuff, so im definately no expert but i really like them.

Havent heard spun forth and dark nets, i had a hard enough time tracking down front the final foes, and still cant get cauldron! Can anyone give me some suggestions of BM to check out? I have only really just started giving it a go and have been really enjoying stuff like- Emperor, Dimmu borgir, Ruins, Ov Hell and been liking both Immortals newest release and burzums newest release. (Havent heard any early material)
Im also a fan of the blackened death sort of stuff like zyklon and behemoth.

Wind of the black mountains is pretty damn good, guys. But I've only heard their first full-length, Sing those unholy servants. Nice album, good atmosphere. The first song on the cd down here... Guess you guys don't think it's true enough :Shedevil:

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I'm surprised no memorial type thread was started for Quorthon's death (June 3rd). Others usually pop up for Schuldiner, etc.

I heard Watain's new album today, thought it seemed generic like hell. It's like they've settled for just re-hashing those old Dissection-type chord progressions ad nauseum now. They had something going with Casus Luciferi, which surely also had Dissection influences, but mixed it up with some really interesting atonal and more bizarre vibes. It's a shame that they didn't expand from that instead of going towards a simpler sound, imo.