Black Metal.

I've been looking for a download link for the new Blut aus Nord to no avail so far. I thought for a second about getting a vinyl player, but I would be completely fucked if I started buying vinyl, so I'm not going that route. I'll keep checking for a link periodically. On the bright side they are re-releasing a 2CD version of The Mystical Beast of Rebellion. The original & an updated version of it.

I like nearly all the BM sub-genres. Especially Ambient, Symphonic, and some of the "Real" Black Metal bands.

Marduk, Burzum, Nargaroth, Fjoergyn (Black/Viking/Folk), 1349, Darktrhrone, Susperia to name a few.

Instinct : Decay is ok, IMO the only real standout track is "A Seed For Suffering" which is one of my favorite songs ever.

I only have that album and I thought Nachtmystium were a bit bland/seemed disinterested in performing when I saw them in 2007.

Perhaps you should witness a live showing once more, i've seen them twice or thrice now and they're my favorite act to see. Definitely get me to hair whip and go into a trance!

11514.jpg

In my humble opinion, this album is the very essence of black metal. I've never heard anything more chaotic in its motions. May be one of the finest albums i've ever listened to.

Instinct : Decay is ok, IMO the only real standout track is "A Seed For Suffering" which is one of my favorite songs ever.

I only have that album and I thought Nachtmystium were a bit bland/seemed disinterested in performing when I saw them in 2007.

Wizard, what's the newer material like?

It's much more....developed. Better structures, more epic, more powerful, better produced (some would argue this is bad). It's generally more listenable.

The only thing is it's softer.

The more obscurey guys should definitely check out Walknut. One of the best in the genre, in my humble opinion. Truly a gem in a sea of shittiness.

Cheggit out. -

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherland Ostenverg impressed me so much I downloaded the full album. I liked it after only 1 listen, which is pretty rare for me. Generally I pick up on an idea on any given track I *might* like and have to relisten a couple times to really wrap my head around it.

I absolutely loved the drumming in particular on this album. Creative, but always appropriate. The production was dirty, but not overwhelmingly so like some BM bands- just right! The riffing was good too... those long drawn out notes that straddle the line between melodic and dissonant. If you listened to 5 second sections of a song at a time it would seem rather dissonant, but taken into context over a longer period of time it's actually rather melodic.

:headbang:

Motherland Ostenverg impressed me so much I downloaded the full album. I liked it after only 1 listen, which is pretty rare for me. Generally I pick up on an idea on any given track I *might* like and have to relisten a couple times to really wrap my head around it.

I absolutely loved the drumming in particular on this album. Creative, but always appropriate. The production was dirty, but not overwhelmingly so like some BM bands- just right! The riffing was good too... those long drawn out notes that straddle the line between melodic and dissonant. If you listened to 5 second sections of a song at a time it would seem rather dissonant, but taken into context over a longer period of time it's actually rather melodic.

:headbang:

Agreed. I discussed the album on a swedish board awhile back, and the response was mixed. Some enjoyed it, and some thought it was monotonous and drawn out, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. For me, Walknut manages to paint a mindscape that proceedingly less and less bands manages to do for me nowadays. It takes me back to the first time I laid my unspoiled ears on a Burzum record way back in the day.