Black Metal.

The Voice of Steel is as passionate and inspired and fresh as just about any metal album I can think of. It's an instant classic. I can't imagine anyone finding it boring. There are jaw-dropping moments on just about every song. Mirovozzrenie is fantastic too. Avoid the crappy English version.

I completely agree with you.

The Voice of Steel is as passionate and inspired and fresh as just about any metal album I can think of. It's an instant classic. I can't imagine anyone finding it boring. There are jaw-dropping moments on just about every song. Mirovozzrenie is fantastic too. Avoid the crappy English version.

I found the instrumentals on the english version far superior.

I'm liking To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire the best so far. I'll give Mirovozzrenie a second listen- The Voice of Steel must be a much newer one as it wasn't in the discography torrent I got.

I'm liking To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire the best so far. I'll give Mirovozzrenie a second listen- The Voice of Steel must be a much newer one as it wasn't in the discography torrent I got.

TTGOBF is my fav by them but every release is worth getting.

I did a search & they have been mentioned in this thread somewhere, but I can't find it. Anyway I'm finding Odem Arcarum's new album pretty impressive.

So I have given a full listen to the new Limbonic Art, and I must say it exceeded my low expectation. It's better than Legacy of Evil. What Daemon seems to have done is go back to Ad Noctum for inspiration, because the production, songwriting and instrumentation is very similar to that album (though less industrial-ish). In terms of quality it doesn't touch Ad Noctum or the first two albums, but it is not bad and worth more listens. The biggest problem is that the album is way to long (over 70 minutes) and could have benefitted greatly by dropping two or three of the lesser songs.

Interesting. I really liked their first three albums but I detested Legacy of Evil...

still dont own the new Nokturnal Mortum or the new Burzum.
I guess it's better that way because I have little money.

The new Burzum isn't that exciting, really. Competent black metal, nothing stunning.

Been listening a bit closer to the new nokturnal mortum and well... It's a great piece of musicianship but it haven't got stuck on my mind yet... Will keep listening though.

I'd also like to recommend an album called For the snow covered the northland by Ancient Wisdom. Great midpaced, wintry bm from sweden. Check it out!

so I'm finally listening to Imperium Dekadenz's Procella Vadens, and now I understand why everybody's been shitting themselves over this record :kickass:

So I have given a full listen to the new Limbonic Art, and I must say it exceeded my low expectation. It's better than Legacy of Evil. What Daemon seems to have done is go back to Ad Noctum for inspiration, because the production, songwriting and instrumentation is very similar to that album (though less industrial-ish). In terms of quality it doesn't touch Ad Noctum or the first two albums, but it is not bad and worth more listens. The biggest problem is that the album is way to long (over 70 minutes) and could have benefitted greatly by dropping two or three of the lesser songs.

This is a good thing because Ad Noctum was awesome. I must listen.

Season of Mist unexpectedly announced that Ukrainian Black Metal legends Drudkh will release a brand new album on September 20th, 2010. The new work will be entitled Handful of Stars and will also be available as a limited edition box set. More news to follow soon!