Black Metal.

^^awesome news on dordeduh.

I wasn't that impressed with Agrypnie. It was good and definitely melodic black metal, but I suppose my ears now prefer the harsher stuff. I'll give it a second chance or two

edit: relistened to agrypnie. It'll probably make my top 10, but it more than likely won't make the top 5. Blood of Kingu, however, is certainly in the top 5 and may take the top spot...don't know

I agree about Agrypnie. It is a solid release but I would have liked it much more, had it been released 1½ year ago. The paths I tread are becoming increasingly darker :)

The same way I feel about Imperium Dekadenz. It's simply too polished...

Anyone here into Wyrd? I wonder if the newest album "Kalivägi" is worth my attention. I found their first five albums quite ok, while number 6 and 7 are shit. But The latest album should be closer to their roots...

Also, has anyone heard the new Winterfylleth and is it any good?

So, what's everyone's Black Metal album of the year so far?

My favorites from the year so far no order:

Imperium Dekadenz - Procella Vadens
Odem Arcarum - Outrageous Reverie Above The Erosion Of Barren Earth
Blood of Kingu - Sun in the House of the Scorpion
Negură Bunget - Măiestrit
Burzum - Belus
Winterfylleth - The Mercian Sphere
Lantlôs - .Neon
Heimdalls Wacht - Nichtorte....oder die Geistreise des Runenschamanen

I'm still waiting to acquire the new Heimdalls Wacht and this - i'm positive - will surpass all the above releases by far.

It's pretty damn good, I prefer their 2nd & 3rd full length to it though. Still definitely a top pick for 2010.

Anyone here into Wyrd? I wonder if the newest album "Kalivägi" is worth my attention. I found their first five albums quite ok, while number 6 and 7 are shit. But The latest album should be closer to their roots...
Also, has anyone heard the new Winterfylleth and is it any good?

I like Wyrd quite a bit. The first 2 albums are excellent. Kalivägi is mostly forgettable to be honest. However, the song "Hämärän Soutajat" is fucking incredible. "Talviyö" is pretty good too, the other 4 tracks not so much.

The new Winterfylleth is terrific. A very solid release all the way through.

I really really really want the new Heimdalls Wacht. Love that band.
Need to get Winterfylleth still.

and a new Arckanum? badass
I really need to make a black metal haul. been a while.

I really really really want the new Heimdalls Wacht. Love that band.

Did you purchase or download? If purchased, where at?

I attended the Altar of Plagues/Velnias show last night in Columbus, both bands put on spectacular live shows. If you're one to trance out to plodding, splashing cymbal ridden live music then you'll be in on a trip heaven. Picked up the new Velnias E.P., very solid, worth purchasing if you're into the style. Also purchased the AoP - Tides E.P. but haven't gotten a chance to listen yet.

Listening to Winterfylleth now, 'The Fields of Reckoning.' Wasn't impressed at first but seems they are following early Drudkh formula, rest of the album similar?

Finally got around to listening to the rest of Melechesh's catalog and I must say that Emissaries is about fifteen times better than the rest of their albums. Either a new songwriter or a new philosophy on songwriting or something occurred there. Such a huge jump in quality both in songwriting and production.

The main reason the new Heimdalls Wacht is so hard to find is because the label, Det Germanske Folket, is defunct at the moment. I believe they still have most of the copies of it. It's a weird situation. I even had to email the guys from Kroda a while back to see if they had any idea what was going on with the label as they were distributing some Kroda stuff.

Even though I didn't really like the Altar of Plagues album at all, I'm going to see them tomorrow. I just thought it was incredibly unoriginal and not even too well executed outside of a handful of minutes. For all the flak WITTR get, they are doing what AoP does, but first and better. Velnias is enjoyable enough, but I have seen them at least five times. They play just about every black metal-ish show around here. Clad in Darkness is on the bill too, and they are pretty solid. The venue is an absolute dump, unfortunately, so hopefully the sound is passable.