Black Metal.

Depends if you want 90s black metal or more viking metal style.

Either Carpathian Wolves or Immortal Pride imo. Though alot of people will probably suggest Thousand Swords.

Thousand Swords is probably the only essential release. Dawn of Iron Blades seems to be the best of the '00s output, but I would listen to an argument for Fire Chariot of Destruction. I certainly wouldn't try to convince anyone to buy more than 2-3 of the '00s albums. Immortal Pride is a solid try also. Still, like most Graveland, a quarter to a third of the music will be really excellent, but there will be lots of filler.

I saw that Blutklinge was mentioned a few pages back. I checked them out and this stuff is really good.

So, what's everyone's Black Metal album of the year so far?

Well, I haven't heard any extraordinary good releases so far this year. There are several quality releases, though; Agrypnie, Negura Bunget x2, Lantlos, Nattsol, Blood of Kingu, Imperium Dekadenz.

I'm still waiting to acquire the new Heimdalls Wacht and this - i'm positive - will surpass all the above releases by far.

Still haven't heard A Forest of Stars thoroughly through..

And I'm also having high hopes on the new Arckanum which should also be released this year.

Edit: And this is gonna be nice. I just read it after posting...:

The wait is over! dordeduh's 7" EP "Valea Omului" will be released on September 3! These are the first recordings of Dordeduh, the new band of former Negură Bunget members Hupogrammos and Sol Faur. The single is going to be released in a noble gatefold format containing an exclusive Dordeduh sticker and is limited to 500 copies!