Black Metal.

Has anyone else listened to Castevet? It's some pretty good contemporary USBM, along the lines of Krallice and Cobalt. Actually, they recorded their debut with Colin Marston.

I have the new album & have enjoyed it quite a bit. I wouldn't really call it USBM though. It's a lot less black metal than Cobalt & Krallice IMO. Actually I described them as Krallice meets hardcore. Kind of similar to Coffinworm. Profound Lore has been releasing some really good records the past couple of years.

Have they "grown" since "In Jeraspunta?" That one didn't really leave me wanting more but I could see them getting better.

I think so. The new one is a little less chaotic, & has a much more depressive atmosphere to it. Lot's of nice melodies pop up throughout the album. My favorite tracks:

The short intro - Forgotten One: part III
Children of Forgotten Times
Suicide is the Light
Desperation
Praying for Salvation
Endless War

The latest Drudkh is exceptional. If you've enjoyed their discography up to this point in time, you'll thoroughly enjoy the album; however, if you're more akin to the earlier works then disregard this post in its entirety. They definitely did somethings different for the album than on prior releases, still evokes plenty of emotions. Seems more mellow in form, I don't know how to rightly explain the direction they're taking.

Dude, the song on Youtube is absolutely horrible; it sounds totally unconvincing, like the band is just going through the motions. They sound so fucking bored playing their own music. Fuck Drudkh.

I've never gotten all the hate, aside from hatred of his character (which is lame of course, he's gay or something :zombie:)...his work is good.