Black Metal.

Really? It didn't feel like that at all for me. I thought it was a great combination of The Mystical Beast of Rebellion/TWWTG sound, but not like it was rehashed/rejected stuff.

New Black Witchery is pretty great shit, haha. New Prosanctus Inferi is great too, and the new Inquisition might be their best yet.

I really gotta check the Prosanctus Inferi; love the Francis Bacon painting cover art. Shit's metal as fuck. New Inquisition is likely to kick so much fucking ass it'll be uncontainable, I look forward to picking it up some time.

I think Addo_of_Nex likes them too.

Nah, they're disposable after you listen to about 30 seconds of any given manifestation of their one song.

I sampled "Desolate Funeral Chant" from the new Inquisition album. The studio recording is much better than the already amazing live videos that have been circulating for a while. If the rest of the album is even half as good as that track, it will easily dethrone Disgusting Blasphemies Against God as the best black metal offering of 2010 (not that I've heard much else).

I may check out the new Black Witchery sometime. The song they released sounded really cool and much more interesting then their previous efforts.

But yeah, my focus is going to be on the new Inquisition song.

just recently started getting into Inquisition, which albums should i check out?

edit: also can i get banned for posting links to free album downloads? ... i found a mediafire link to the new Inquisition, if anyone's interested in checking it out before they buy it then let me know.

Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult and Nefarious Dismal Orations are my favorites but everything they've put out has been good. Haven't heard the new one.

It has a more... Immortal-esque feel? I don't know how to explain it. But it's great. I'd be hard pressed to create a top 10 list for 2010 black metal already with so many good releases. Profanatica might not be my #1 anymore.

New Inquisition does sound killer. I can't believe I never got into them earlier.

So what did you guys think of Blut Aus Nord - What Once Was... Liber I?

The album definitely departs from the type of atmospheric sound of their last album and kinda goes back to the sound of TMBOR and TWWTG. I think it sounds decent but not nearly as good as the the previous.

I do enjoy BM a lot...swedish and the stuff from norway with a little polish as well. Some of my favorite bands of the genre are:
1349,behemoth,dimmu borgir,gorgorth,immotral,watain,ofdersom,celtic frost,satyricon,cradle of filth,infernal thorn etc ^_^

just recently started getting into Inquisition, which albums should i check out?

edit: also can i get banned for posting links to free album downloads? ... i found a mediafire link to the new Inquisition, if anyone's interested in checking it out before they buy it then let me know.

I think so....honestly it takes about a minute to google and basically find any album you want ever so it's not that big of a deal

Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult is easily their best though. I'd start with that.

Which reminds me, I still need to listen to their new one.