Black Metal.

7249.jpg

Ephel Duath - Rephormula

Listened to this for the first time in ages and remembered how much I love this and how underrated it is. Ephel Duath tend to be known for their jazz-metal album The Painter's Palette which is highly original but flawed, whereas this is more black metal and is clearly the superior of the two. This is essentially symphonic black metal but done in a very unique way. The keys are prominent and really drive the album, allowing the guitars to provide some really memorable dual leads. Even the drum programming is for once intelligently and interestingly done. It's manic and technical yet still manages to flow really well. Think a combination of Emperor, The Work Which Transforms God and La Masquerade Infernale. Listen with headphones because the interplay between the guitars is fantastic.

I enjoy The Painter's Palette but I understand why a lotta people would not.

So, not sure how many people have listened to it or even cared (protip: you should), but the 2008 Ithdabquth Qliphoth album Fyre Walk With Me is excellent.

So, not sure how many people have listened to it or even cared (protip: you should), but the 2008 Ithdabquth Qliphoth album Fyre Walk With Me is excellent.

You always say that and I think I once checked it out but I don't remember so I'll repeat it today.