Black Metal.

Whats everyones opinion of limbonic art?

They're not bad I guess. Moon in the Scorpio is a pretty cool album, but it suffers from the same flaw as a lot of other symphonic black metal; the guitars are too low in the mix and the music is carried almost entirely by the keyboards. I like the keyboard work on that album though, so it's still enjoyable. I find it a bit cartoonish compared to a classic like ITNE but it's still worth a listen.

The album after that, In Abhorrence Dementia, disappointed me. I haven't listened to that album in years, so I don't remember what I disliked about it, but I'm pretty sure Moon in the Scorpio is better. I've heard Ad Noctum: Dynasty of Death is good but I haven't listened to it.

Man, I was the biggest LA fan here for a while, but I really burned out on them. The first three albums are still ace, but I don't really listen to them any more.

Whats everyones opinion of limbonic art?

A big fan here too. A fan of the first three albums that is...

Moon in the Scorpio is one hell of a debut and this album is still a monumental black metal release. I rarely listen to it nowadays but when I do, I enjoy it very much. Especially the first three tracks. The rest of the album is bland in comparison.

I got into LA by In Abhorrence Dementia and few albums have had bigger impact on me. This is really a unique album and even though I really don't listen to symphonic black metal anymore, I still listen to this. Mainly because it's so innovative. I love the orchestral parts and I simply love the vocals. This album also sparked my interest for programmed drums.

But, Ad Noctum - Dynasty of Death is actually my favourite album with LA. This is a perfect black metal album imo. Tracks like the title track or "as the Bell of Immolation calls" really slay. Some parts of this album still send shivers down my spine every time I hear it even though it's been 12 years since I heard it the first time.

The demo release Epitome of Illusions is ok, but you should get the three first full-lengths before this.

The next two albums are shit and the latest is also easily disposable.

oh man. i guess norsk black metal is cool enough for target now.

as I've been listening to Ghost "Opus Eponymous" almost nonstop for a few days I'm wondering what bands are out there that sound like Mercyful Fate. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

oh man. i guess norsk black metal is cool enough for target now.

as I've been listening to Ghost "Opus Eponymous" almost nonstop for a few days I'm wondering what bands are out there that sound like Mercyful Fate. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

not exactly like Mercyful Fate at all, but try out Tearstained

The new Inquisition album is sexy and all, but has anyone else noticed that in half the songs they have the same mid-paced section with lead guitar arpeggios and the rhythm guitar playing the same melodic chord progression? It works best in the first song, but gets really redundant afterward.

Which songs in particular? The general idea you describe is used a few times, but I think it works every time because the rhythm guitar has a life of its own in conjunction with the lead parts; it isn't there merely to fill the sound necessary for the solo. I personally think it's their most varied work by far, and I'm still a bit floored by the conceptual finesse of it all.