Black Metal.

I've listened to one of Forest of star's albums and I thought it was fuckin atrocious (perhaps like the grammar here?).

Anyway, listening to Fullmoon - United Aryan Evil. That's some true shit right there. Been uh... getting a lot of albums lately, mostly from Norway. Taake, Kampfar and Darkthrone are going to be explored tonight... Yes. I haven't really explored Darkthrone despite listening to black metal for about a year :p

aka attempting to revive the thread

Kampfar's Kvass is a great album.
I can't believe anyone listening to BM for a year hasn't bothered with Darkthrone. :zombie:
A Blaze In The Northern Sky is the best BM album. Ever.

Kampfar's Kvass is a great album.
I can't believe anyone listening to BM for a year hasn't bothered with Darkthrone. :zombie:
A Blaze In The Northern Sky is the best BM album. Ever.

In the beginning I made an attempt to get into Darkthrone, but I assume it was just too early. Nowadays I'm more experienced. ;)

Has the new Lifelover album leaked yet? I hope it is a lot more coherent than the Dekadens EP, which frankly sucked compared previous output. I'm willing to allow for experimentation and trying to get outside of the comfort zone on EPs, but it sounded like a weak try at that even, and the real drums (being one big change) were too high in the mix and quite distracting. I'm hoping they return to the cold precision and consistency of Konkurs.

Coherent? Dekadens was their most coherent, thematically solid release. Definitely their best release.

No, Sviga Læ I reckon.

I like them both but I think they are both run of the mill releases which will not keep my attention for long.

Kvass is an easily forgettable release as well. I enjoyed for say... 3 months perhaps? Now I haven't listened to that album for years.

It's not even close to being on the same level as Thorn, but I rank that one with the guy's first three because it's fantastic. Your mileage may vary.

Which bands should I look into now if I already finished exploring(and loved) the first wave of BM, and the Early Norway BM(Darkthrone,Mayhem,Burzum,etc)?

Im not really interested in newer bands as much, but Im open for anything i guess. And rare oldschool stuff that I might not have heard of would be helpful too.

Weakling - Dead as Dreams (comparable to Burzum on some levels)
Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters (newer but worth your while)
Windir - 1184 (folk/black metal maybe you won't like the folk influence, but this is the album to give it a try)
Walknut - Graveforests and Their Shadows

All Ws, hah.

Yep, their best work.

Inquisition%20Magnificent.jpg

;)

After all the listening to this year's praised albums (i. e. Inquisition, Maniac Butcher, Dark Tribe etc.) I have to say that Belus still wins it for me. That fag just went out of the prison and showed everybody what's blackmetal again. Unbeatable atmosphere, great sound and amazing songs. (am I a hipster fag?)

The Inquisition fucking rules too.

That fag just went out of the prison and showed everybody what's blackmetal again. Unbeatable atmosphere, great sound and amazing songs. (am I a hipster fag?)

The Inquisition fucking rules too.

I've also enjoyed Belus a lot and I'm not a Varg fanboy (at all). There's indeed a great BM atmosphere.

And yes, the new Inquisition is awesome. :kickass: