Black Metal.

WitTR are pretty boring and/or flat out bad from the material I've heard.

WITTR are a pretty good band IMO, they just get carried away with song-lengths. Long songs are cool, but a lot of the ones on Two Hunters just seem to lack a bit of substance. Two Hunters would've been better off as an EP IMO, 'cause aside from the lengths, the ideas are good.

Two Hunters never grabbed me, but I agree there's some good ideas on it.

I'm really liking the latest Winterfylleth one just now, The Mercian Sphere. Had it on earphones the other night reading a book and when it got halfway through I realised I was fucking loving it!

Are there any War/Bestial bands out there that aren't complete utter shit? Beherit are decent and Archgoat are listenable but shit like Revenge, Black Witchery, Morbosidad, Proclemation etc... just sound a mess, like some terrible deathgrind act with satanic lyrics. I'm sure this means I'm a massive pussy etc but come on...

It sounds like War Metal just is'nt for you,I happen to love those bands you mentioned along with bands like Conqueror,Damaar,Sadistik Exekution,Sacramentary Abolishment,Rites Of Thy Degringolade and Bestial Warlust.Revenge are the best band currently doing assault music,if you don't like them i'd suggest avoiding the genre completely.Anything less is'nt War Metal.

Yeah Axis fucking rule,I think Nichrome seems to be missing the point in asking for a watered down version.It's the savage power of war metal that attracts me,i'll never forget my first listen through of War Cult Supremacy.

may also want to check out Blood Revolt's Indoctrine...it's a collaboration project between Nemtheanga of Primordial and the guys from Axis of Advance

Yeah Axis fucking rule,I think Nichrome seems to be missing the point in asking for a watered down version.It's the savage power of war metal that attracts me,i'll never forget my first listen through of War Cult Supremacy.

I wasn't asking for a watered down version! I think you're right in saying that it's not for me though. I just found myself getting into Archgoat recently, and all the related bands on lastfm pointed to bands like Morbosidad and Proclamation, who I didn't enjoy at all. I enjoy Blasphemy's rickety style of drumming though, it's just the muddy guitar that turns me off them.

I'm trying to get into Blood Revolt though since it has AA Nemthengea in it, so maybe I'll get into Axis of Advance etc that way, here's hoping :confused:

Anyone want to recommend me some melodic and/or symphonic black metal from the 2000s?

Gonna post again to move this to the current page. Not a big NeO fan.

Nocte Obducta, I'll have to try.

Edit: Also, I'm partial to 'norsecore'ish black metal full of blasting. If any of you had the "misfortune" or whatever of hearing any lately.

We were recently discussing Setherial in the albums kicking your ass thread I think, don't know if you were part of that, but they have tons of blasting.

Yea Setherial is good. I remember checking out Death Triumphant because it looked pretty cool...

Whoever was asking for bands similar to faustcoven a page or two back, it may worth your time to check out Necromantia - Crossing the Fiery Path. Listening to it jogged my memory, it has a ton of traditional doom moments.

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
We were recently discussing Setherial in the albums kicking your ass thread I think, don't know if you were part of that, but they have tons of blasting.

Yes Setherial's music is mostly comprised of blast beats atleast from the three albums I've heard. I own the first album Nord and the third album Hell Eternal, listened to Lords of the Nightrealm on Youtube. They're a good band but they're music isn't really supposed to be creative just harsh and aggressive.