Black Metal.

I'm really getting back in to Darkspace, maybe it is time for me to explore atmospheric black metal. Any recommendations on where to start? I have Darkspace and (old) Drudkh (though I'm not sure if Drudkh is atmoshperic).

If you like Darkspace and bands like Drudkh you should definitely check out Sun of the Blind. It's a band created by Zhaaral of Darkspace and they have the distinct Darkspace sound yet it's a completely other take on progressive black metal. Highly recommended!

NP:) more people should know about this unknown gem!

Listening to Graupel's new album "Am Pranger" now. Wow. I never thought I'd once again listen to anything this close to old and legendary Nagelfar. Wow.

I'm really getting back in to Darkspace, maybe it is time for me to explore atmospheric black metal. Any recommendations on where to start? I have Darkspace and (old) Drudkh (though I'm not sure if Drudkh is atmoshperic).

You should definitely checkout Lunar Aurora.

Anyone enjoy Dødsengel? I'm really enjoying Miriam Occultam right now:yow:

Mirium Occultum is pretty damn good, except for the super goofy chanting in the later part of the album that made me snicker more than feel like I was part of some cool exclusive ritual.

Their first album kicks ass too.

And, @ DaB, Faustcoven is pretty much the only band like Faustcoven. Other bands mix doomy stuff into their sound, but to sound like demons playing black sabbath, unfortunately no more I'm aware of.

Because I'm too lazy to look for it myself, which Agalloch song rips off the acoustic intro to Bathory's "Through Blood By Thunder"?

Also, "Under The Runes" sounds like early Dream Theater.

OK maybe ripped off wasn't the right word, it's not surprising that Agalloch would throw in a Bathory tribute, I'm just wondering what song it was.