Black Metal.

A while ago a friend of mine was talking about an album which he was listening to with a friend. He said it started off as decent black metal, and when the vocals kicked in it was literally just screaming, as if the vocalist were being slaughtered. I don't have a way of contacting this friend anymore but I am interested to know what he was referring to, any ideas?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Flammentriebe/dp/B004JYUF62/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296446219&sr=8-2[/ame]

Holy wow, fuck, these songs sound great. I'm pumped for this album!

Nah, doesn't really sound like SotM, Dornenreich fucking rules and I'm impressed with their return to their original sound (away from the more rocky, weird stuff, even though that's cool too).

He named his new album The Fallen. And what about Filosofem for instance, the famous lyrics "I wonder why, life must be, I wonder how, life will be"... Those are in English. The other tracks there too.

Well, he has said before he doesn't want American culture taking over in Norway. And even if he didnt, I still wouldnt. I form my own opinions, they just happen to be the same as his a bit since we are both racist and nationalist.

Hardly your own opinions. I understand retaining culture, it is definitely important and something my other Norwegian friends share, but your expressions about it leave a lot of maturity to be desired. Stop harping on about it, no one really cares.

A while ago a friend of mine was talking about an album which he was listening to with a friend. He said it started off as decent black metal, and when the vocals kicked in it was literally just screaming, as if the vocalist were being slaughtered. I don't have a way of contacting this friend anymore but I am interested to know what he was referring to, any ideas?

well a lot of depressive/suicidal black metal would fit the bill. particularly a band named pyha, a one man project supposedly done by a 14 year old korean boy some 15 years back or so. i would need a time period to figure anything out, i recall another asian band that had fucking ridiculous vocals but i forget the name. one of my all time favorites is pensees nocturnes which has, quite literally, sections of just screaming/crying...it's depressing. another one man band as well

Hardly your own opinions. I understand retaining culture, it is definitely important and something my other Norwegian friends share, but your expressions about it leave a lot of maturity to be desired. Stop harping on about it, no one really cares.

The irony behind this post