Black Metal.

Yeah, didn't know about this. I'll try and check it, hope it's better than their last couple albums. Only one I truly enjoy is La Sanie des Siecles...

It's been a while since I listened to Peste Noire actually. I enjoy all three albums, although first listens proved to be a bit underwhelming. I was a fan of them prior to their debut album so I've stuck by them all of these years and I always make sure to give each album a fair listen. I really like their approach to black metal.

I'm definitely picking up this album. I've already sent an email to the label La mesnie Herlequin inquiring about it.

On my facebook I've seen one status saying "New KPN is a massive disappointment" and one saying "New KPN is absolutely awesome" so who's to know? :p

(Apologies if this is buried elsewhere in this thread).

So has anyone checked out the Negura Bunget "Focul Viu" live DVD yet?

37396.jpg

It has the REAL Negura Bunget, i.e. the real line-up with Huppogrammos and Sol Faur, not this new shitty bastardisation that Negru has subbornly created.

The filming leaves a bit to be desired, but the audio quality is superb. Any fan of the band has no reason not to purchase a copy. There are parts of the performance which make your skin crawl - seeing it live really makes you appreciate just how superb they really are (and how awesome Dordeduh's debut album will be).

Here's a trailer:

EDIT: I have to add - the vocal performances, especially of Huppogrammos, are just outstanding. He's an awesome black metal vocalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
My band started out with swedish black metal and greek dark metal influences so that's still a major part of our sound that we'll probably never get rid of.

Also, episteme's band khariot is pretty dope if you're into shit like deathspell omega, gorguts, ulcerate, and they remind me of daughters at times as well.

Just saw this plug, shows how often I check out the forums these days. Haha thanks Eligos.

New Petrychor!

Threw responsibilities to the wind and listened last night 1 1/2 times. "Of Grandest Majesties" is definitely the best track IMO. Overall it's good but not so different from "Dryad," and the pattern of quiet-loud-quiet-loud feels a little predictable by the end.

I'm going to an underground black metal festival in a few weeks. Mainly because of Glorior Belli and beer. But is there anything else worth seeing:

THURSDAY JULY 7th 2011
(oneday ticket : 50 dkr / 6,5€)
18.00 THE SURFING HENCHMEN (den) (indoor stage)
19.00 ANOXIA (den) (open air stage)
20.00 IMPALERS (den) (indoor stage)
21.00 DEATH RIDES A HORSE (den) (open air stage)
22.00 MYRD (den) (indoor stage)
23.00 SERPENT SAINTS (den) (open air stage)

FRIDAY JULY 8th 2011
(oneday ticket : 250dkr / 33€)
14.00 tba (indoor stage)
15.00 RESISTANCE (fra) (open air stage)
16.00 HELVETETS PORT (swe) (indoor stage)
17.00 DIE HARD (swe) (open air stage)
18.00 HANDS OF ORLAC (ita) (indoor stage)
19.00 VANDERBUYST (hol) (open air stage)
20.00 BLAZING ETERNITY (den) (indoor stage)
21.00 RAM (swe) (open air stage)
22.00 NECROS CHRISTOS (ger) (indoor stage)
23.00 NIFELHEIM (swe) (open air stage)

SATURDAY JULY 9th 2011
(oneday ticket : 250dkr / 33€)
14.00 GANG (fra) (indoor stage)
15.00 IRONGUARD (den) (open air stage)
16.00 BLACK OATH (ita) (indoor stage)
17.00 RISING DUST (fra) (open air stage)
18.00 CEREKLOTH (den) (indoor stage)
19.00 GEHENNAH (swe) (open air stage)
20.00 PROCESSION (chi) (indoor stage)
21.00 PANZERCHRIST (den) (open air stage)
22.00 GLORIOR BELLI (fra) (indoor stage)
23.00 GHOST (swe) (open air stage)

I'm going to an underground black metal festival in a few weeks. Mainly because of Glorior Belli and beer. But is there anything else worth seeing:

THURSDAY JULY 7th 2011

23.00 SERPENT SAINTS (den) (open air stage)

Mercyful Fate metal

FRIDAY JULY 8th 2011

16.00 HELVETETS PORT (swe) (indoor stage)

new old school heavy metal, in line with Portrait and In Solitude but more traditional sounding

17.00 DIE HARD (swe) (open air stage)

I've never actually heard them, but I have heard positive things. Old school death/thrash if I'm not mistaken.

21.00 RAM (swe) (open air stage)

Good old heavy metal.

22.00 NECROS CHRISTOS (ger) (indoor stage)

Evil sounding, heavy old school black/death metal

23.00 NIFELHEIM (swe) (open air stage)

Old school black/thrash. Been around for a couple decades now...

SATURDAY JULY 9th 2011

16.00 BLACK OATH (ita) (indoor stage)

I'm not too familiar with these guys, but I just got a promo of their album from I Hate Records. From what I can tell, it sounds pretty much like it falls in line with the land standing Italian doom metal tradition.

17.00 RISING DUST (fra) (open air stage)

Same story as above. These guys are a little more on the rocking side of doom metal though.

18.00 CEREKLOTH (den) (indoor stage)

Deicide-ish old school death.

19.00 GEHENNAH (swe) (open air stage)

I didn't even know this band still existed. Old school black/thrash...been around about as long as Nifelheim.

20.00 PROCESSION (chi) (indoor stage)

Excellent epic traditional doom.

23.00 GHOST (swe) (open air stage)

Somewhere between a late 60s-early 70s hard rock and a proto-metal sound with satanic, ritual like lyrics and some pop sensibilities. Their whole gimmick is that they're supposed to be ghouls of Satan or something using music to convert people, so it's a band that should be taken with a grain of salt to enjoy.

Thanks, I think I will give some attention to Necros Christos, Nifelheim, Gehennah, Procession and Ghost. And also Myrd (previously known as "Make a change - kill yourself") and Blazing Eternity (who are playing a reunion concert after 10 years).