Black Metal.

Although I can see the charm with Primordial, I just find them very, very boring.

On another note: Shinings latest album was fuckin horrible. I don't think they'll ever manage to beat Halmstad...

Honestly it's the vocals for me. I consider vocals and singing to be very important, especially so in music where it's basically a huge focal point, but I find Nemtheanga just sounds like a forced, pretentious d-bag.

That's because you are in a shitty band like Olórin. Those vocals suck.

Not trying to derail the thread, but I noticed the Olórin demo was up for sale on Shadow Kingdom Records. I also noticed that it's now out of stock. I thought that was pretty cool. I have listened to it a few times & I actually quite enjoy it.

Yeah, Tim sold out of those in like 3 days. I only sent him 6 but I was still pretty surprised that they sold that quickly. I'm glad you enjoy it though. I really wish Andy didn't live 14 hours away so we could perform live.

^ I need to check that Aosoth.

These are the best 2011 BM albums I've listened to so far:

- Blut aus Nord - 777 Sect(s)
- Ravencult - Morbid Blood
- Burzum - Fallen
- Hat - Vortex of Death
- Helrunar - Sol

BTW none of them is incredible/exceptional, only good albums.

I have recently been very into black metal...
Currently listening to lots of
Wodensthrone, Burzum, Enslaved (which I will be seeing in October with my kindred, yay.), Forgotten Woods (formerly Mordor), and Thorns... pretty much sums up my recent rotation.

^ I guess Nortt. Or just check out other blackened funeral doom bands.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, upon download of what was supposed to be the new pensees nocturnes album, it seems all it is, is just Grotesque lumped into one track. I'm pretty confident it's just some lame faked thing, because it's clearly nothing new. I don't even think any of them have actually shipped out, we'll see....this just heightens my anticipation o_O

I may get shit for this, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway. I'm not impressed with Primordial's Redemption at the Puritan's Hand. I've listened to it a few times though, and I initially put it in my list of favorite albums so far for the year, but I'm going to have to rescind that vote. It might be my least favorite Primordial album

it just seems...distracted. Like they wanted to do a number of things with this album (getting away from anthemic or melancholy songs) and go a different route. And on some songs it works. "God's Old Snake" I think is absolutely fantastic, as well as some other songs from the second half of the record. But the first few songs just seem muddled to me, and whereas on previous records the layering of Alan's vocals worked, here it's almost a distraction (except for tracks where he is "Ooohhh"ing).

thoughts? flames?

Funny, "God's Old Snake" is one of the songs which appeal to me the least. I don't really get what they want to say with such a song, just feels choppy and confusing to me, and has pretty much no stylistic connection at all to the bombastic Primordial that most people tend to like. My favourite song is "Bloodied Yet Unbowed", which pretty much could fit right in on the epic and anthemic The Gathering Wilderness.