Black Metal.

Belus is pretty awsome imo, a few of the songs on it are already classics. Haven't gotten Fallen yet so I'll have to get back on which one is the best though.

Both of them are great. And Belus is mostly new tracks, Schitt. Pretty much only Belus' Dod and Sverddans were not from what I can recall. Fallen has much better production values. As to the comment that Fallen isn't as diverse as Belus...that makes no sense. It's pretty obviously diverse and is meant to be more diverse, as Belus was much more thematic in concept. Fallen is a much more introspective album.

Both of them are great. And Belus is mostly new tracks, Schitt. Pretty much only Belus' Dod and Sverddans were not from what I can recall. Fallen has much better production values. As to the comment that Fallen isn't as diverse as Belus...that makes no sense. It's pretty obviously diverse and is meant to be more diverse, as Belus was much more thematic in concept. Fallen is a much more introspective album.

Belus is more diverse, plain and simple. You have short aggressive tracks like "Sverddans", trance inducing pieces like the final two tracks, a somber melodious piece in "Kaimadalthas Nedstigning" etc.

On Fallen all of the basically involve the same small number of dimensions (intro, growled passage, clean passage, growled passage, clean passage etc.). Unless you're counting that awful outro piece, Fallen lacks the diversity in song structures and mood that Belus had.

I can't believe I've scrolled an entire page of a thread titled "Black Metal" and have not seen one mention of WATAIN!!!!
WTF? WATAIN Black Metal Militia!
Dissection
Burzum
Blut Aus Nord/Deathspell Omega (They should have a genre unto their own WOW!!)
Some cool bands as well:
Black September
Altar of Plagues...

Marduk
Ghost
The entire 1st wave of TNBM!!

I can't believe I've scrolled an entire page of a thread titled "Black Metal" and have not seen one mention of WATAIN!!!!
WTF? WATAIN Black Metal Militia!
Dissection
Burzum
Blut Aus Nord/Deathspell Omega (They should have a genre unto their own WOW!!)
Some cool bands as well:
Black September
Altar of Plagues...

Marduk
Ghost
The entire 1st wave of TNBM!!

lol. All of those bands have been discussed here like million times.

And Watain aren't that great.

Also, anyone who thinks Fallen is better than Belus seriously boggles my mind. Fallen has weak riffs, the compositions don't really flesh out and develop the way good Burzum does (they just sound repetitive), it lacks the atmosphere of Belus and the vocals range from average to irritating.

Belus is a lot better than Fallen, simply because it is absolutely more diverse and "new" in its sound. But I did enjoy "Valen" from Fallen (lol) a lot...

it destroys Belus

nope.avi
Not even close. The songwriting is just brilliant on Belus. Fallen does not have as interesting or diverse of composition. "Valen" is the only song that comes close to the level of songwriting seen on Belus. Plus Fallen is a victim of the noise wars.
Fallen's fucking amazing, the only throwaway track is Vanvidd man. Jeg Faller in particular is really bombastic, nearly brought a tear to my eye. Definitely not better than Belus, not by a fucking longshot... but about on par. Also fuck the noise wars.
Belus is nothing. It's a boring collection of old songs a few new tracks. Fallen is Varg pushing his new style of black metal to its peak.

Fallen's great man, but come on. Belus is as good if not better. There is no filler whatsoever on Belus, it's all good shit. Plus Glemselens Elv is undebatably one of the best things Varg has ever wrote. ;)

Belus is a lot better than Fallen, simply because it is absolutely more diverse and "new" in its sound. But I did enjoy "Valen" from Fallen (lol) a lot...

Exactly. And the reason why Valen is such a great track is because it's so similar to "Glemselens Elv" from Belus. I even think Glemselens Elv is mentioned in the lyrics of Valen.

Fallen's fucking amazing, the only throwaway track is Vanvidd man. Jeg Faller in particular is really bombastic, nearly brought a tear to my eye. Definitely not better than Belus, not by a fucking longshot... but about on par. Also fuck the noise wars.

That's cool that you like it so much. I think it's a good album, but Varg has set the bar high and "Fallen" doesn't match his usual standard. The songs are good, but like I said, there is little that reaches the compositional heights found on other albums.

And you can't ignore the noise wars. The highly processed sound of "Fallen" cuts so much soul and substance out of the music. If Varg had used the same production techniques used of "Belus", that alone would have seriously improved the overall quality of the album.

Belus is nothing. It's a boring collection of old songs a few new tracks. Fallen is Varg pushing his new style of black metal to its peak.

Fallen is better, but this position is moronic. Belus is great on its own merits (a more traditional, yet modern-sounding Burzum album).