Black Metal.

I've never even heard Watain.I did read favourable reviews of Rabid Death's Curse and Casus Luciferi in a zine a number of years ago.Have a look at this sorry festival Watain made themselves available for.

Soundwave 2012 lineup:

System Of A Down
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
Marilyn Manson
Hole ( Cancelled )
A Day To Remember
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
Trivium
Alter Bridge
Lostprophets
Angels & Airwaves
Cobra Starship
The Used
You Me At Six
Devin Townsend Project
Unwritten Law
Coal Chamber
Dashboard Confessional
Thursday
Forever The Sickest Kids
Raised Fist
Dillinger Escape Plan
Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society
Mastodon
Underoath
Saves The Day (playing Weezer’s Pinkerton )
Circa Survive
Steel Panther
Jack’s Mannequin
Meshuggah
The Sisters Of Mercy
Enter Shikari
Four Year Strong
Black Veil Brides
Madina Lake
Zebrahead
Hatebreed
Biohazard
Times Of Grace
Cky
Street Dogs
Dragonforce
Gojira
Kvelertak
Letlive
Hellyeah
Cro-Mags
The Cab
Relient K
Versa Emerge
Heroes For Hire
Kill Hannah
The Dangerous Summer
Chimaira
Framing Hanley
Watain
Royal Republic
I Am The Avalanche
Turisas
River City Extension

That lineup could almost be from 1998.

Hoagsacht is quite mellow indeed, esp. compared to Andacht, but they're not exactly known for releasing the same album a million times in a row.

I have Andacht but I've only listened to it twice. I liked it, but I'm really not interested in black metal at the moment.

It was Cathedral's last ever live performance and some of the comments i've read from the idiot crowd who attended this fest obviously having never even heard of the band annoyed the hell out of me.I've read stuff like 'Cathedral were boring but Turisas were great'.

I'm shocked that Rev.Kriss Hades-The Wind Of Orion never gets much attention,also Dave Slave's Doomed and Disgusting check out some of the clips on youtube he's made for Doomed and Disgusting.

Rev.Kriss Hades-Winds Over Orion/Pyramids Of War and The Destruction Of Enemies.
http://youtu.be/W5v4dPP6xg0

Saw Cathedral at MDF. They were good, but I was drunk and fucking exhausted and they left me wanting more. The only thing I really wanted to hear was Hopkins (The Witchfinder General), Utopian Blaster, and other tracks from their first 3 albums, but they only really played those tracks and maybe one or two others.

Been listening to stuff like Paysage d'Hiver, Lunar Aurora, and Mgła lately. As the weather warms up, of course. The s/t Passage Diver appears to be sold out, so I actually resorted to buying it on mp3 on Amazon. The first and hopefully last mp3s I ever buy. It was only $2.67 though, for close to an hour of music. I can throw that out the window and not really care.

Nice, I managed to get something that eventually sold out. S/t is a great, great album. Has probably the most blustery, windy, horrendously chilly atmosphere of any slightly-recent BM album. I can barely think of a thing that compares.

Wanted to post this here just to make sure nobody misses this.

This is Mayhem performing live in 1986. Lineup is Euronymous (guitar), Necrobutcher (bass), Manheim (drums), Messiah (vocals). They perform 3 covers (Black Metal, Procreation of the Wicked, and Welcome to Hell), and then Euronymous does an...encore. Messiah's vocals are AWESOME for the material here. He does both Cronos and Tom Warrior well, and seems like a decent front man.

Trivia: Euronymous' hair was blonde.

Last edited by a moderator: