Black Metal.

Shameless band promotion.
brimwylfrecordartsmall-1.jpg

http://brimwylf.bandcamp.com/

You don't have to like it, I would understand that, but it's pretty obvious why people listen to it. I mean, check out Zrcadlení Melancholie or Za Hranicí Nicoty and tell me you still don't get it.

I used to own a few of their albums and I don't find any musical value in them. I'm not sure which albums they were anymore but they were stolen by a former friend and I do not miss them.

I used to own a few of their albums and I don't find any musical value in them. I'm not sure which albums they were anymore but they were stolen by a former friend and I do not miss them.

It's a one-man band and beware, there are two Trists, one is german and one is czech. Also, I don't think anyone listens to him for "musical value" tbh.

So yesterday, the idea occurred to me while listening to Mayhem that an interesting topic to write about would be the evolution of the concept of black metal, highlighting the way in which it has diverged into two mutually distinct (though not mutually exclusive) ideas: one driven by aesthetics, the other ideology. I was thinking about writing something similar about a year or so ago in response to a debate probably in this very thread, but at the time it was primarily motivated by a desire to respond to certain claims, and mercifully I decided not to write the reactionary, didactic drivel it most likely would have turned out to be. The piece I have in mind would be more from a historical perspective. So, long story short, I'm wondering what the level of interest in such a write-up would be. I'm not sure how I would use it (for example, whether I would publish it in my magazine, or just write something small for a forum post) just yet, but the idea interests me.

Onder said:
It's a one-man band and beware, there are two Trists, one is german and one is czech. Also, I don't think anyone listens to him for "musical value" tbh.

I'm talking about the Czech one. If the musical value isn't the focus, what is? The weak emotional themes about suicide and depression? I'll pass on listening to anything that glorifies human weakness and juvenile things like cutting.

I'm talking about the Czech one. If the musical value isn't the focus, what is? The weak emotional themes about suicide and depression? I'll pass on listening to anything that glorifies human weakness and juvenile things like cutting.

k

Dodens Grav said:
So yesterday, the idea occurred to me while listening to Mayhem that an interesting topic to write about would be the evolution of the concept of black metal, highlighting the way in which it has diverged into two mutually distinct (though not mutually exclusive) ideas: one driven by aesthetics, the other ideology. I was thinking about writing something similar about a year or so ago in response to a debate probably in this very thread, but at the time it was primarily motivated by a desire to respond to certain claims, and mercifully I decided not to write the reactionary, didactic drivel it most likely would have turned out to be. The piece I have in mind would be more from a historical perspective. So, long story short, I'm wondering what the level of interest in such a write-up would be. I'm not sure how I would use it (for example, whether I would publish it in my magazine, or just write something small for a forum post) just yet, but the idea interests me.

I'm interested in an online version at the least.

I'll put it on my website if you can't find a home for such a peice.