Black Metal.

Venom is old school Black Metal. They were one of the first "Black Metal" bands. Hell, their second album was called "Black Metal"

maybe what black metal is has changed since they started back in the 80's. But I really like them anyway.

I don't consider Venom to be black metal at all. they were a faster-than-average NWOBHM band that sang about Satan. not saying I don't like them, cause I love them, but they're not black metal.

Bathory to me, were the first black metal band.

OK I've been on Black Metal Radio and doing some research and I need you opinions on the following bands.

Odium (Nor)
Profanum
Darkspace
Gehenna
Sear
Troll
Apotheosis
Svartahrid
Striborg
Uhrilehto
Corpus Christii

I don't consider Venom to be black metal at all. they were a faster-than-average NWOBHM band that sang about Satan. not saying I don't like them, cause I love them, but they're not black metal.

Yes agreed. If anything, and to use tossy descriptions, Venom is probably "proto"-Black Metal.

Meh i don't care how many people disagree with me, i own the 3 earliest bathory albums, every emperor album and darkthrone (not sure which album ahem).

Not only do they all sound identical to the next black metal band on the list but they are disgusting to the ears.

Being a fan of tech, black metal is just boring to me (except melechesh) why would you listen to something thats oversaturated underproduced and ruined by awful vocals?

Meh i don't care how many people disagree with me, i own the 3 earliest bathory albums, every emperor album and darkthrone (not sure which album ahem).

Not only do they all sound identical to the next black metal band on the list but they are disgusting to the ears.

Being a fan of tech, black metal is just boring to me (except melechesh) why would you listen to something thats oversaturated underproduced and ruined by awful vocals?

nothing says talent like overproduced trigger-happy tech death!

/sarcasm

I like Dark Funera's vocals on Attera Totus Sanctus, though songs seem to sound alike but are different in ways. I haven't heard any full albums of Carpathian Forest unfortunately, heard songs and live performances and like them a lot, need some Carpathian Forest CD's, but then again my BM collection needs more than just 3 Emperor CD's. :lol:

I consider Venom speed/thrash.

Wrong.

Black Metal today is not the same Black Metal of 1982. Just because you don't always hear Venom in the latest Black Metal craze doesn't mean Venom magically is no longer Black Metal. Revisionist history can fuck off and die.

Tulus' debut, Pure Black Energy, is excellent, oft-overlooked Norwegian Black Metal. They were most likely considered second or even third tier in their day, which is unfortunate seeing as it's vastly superior to a lot of the crap coming out nowadays. Recommended.

You should stop posting.

OK I've been on Black Metal Radio and doing some research and I need you opinions on the following bands.

Profanum

Profanum Aternum-Eminence of Satanic Imperial Art and Musaeum Esotericum are more or less classical music with black metal vocals. Pretty damn good, but honestly, you either get it or you don't. Love or hate.

Darkspace

I'v heard Darkspace I, and thought it was OK. Definitely for fans of the new age ambient spacey black metal

Ive got First Spell. It's pretty good keyboard-esque early 90s BM

Fucking terrible.