Black Metal.

When were they *ever* black metal?

Irregardless, Ive always liked their music for whatever the fuck it is.

Ive felt their discography has been pretty consistent. You either like em or hate em. I cant speak for the new album because I havent listened to it yet, but I did hear a few songs live when I saw them a few months ago and it sounded like a typical progression from the last album.

EDIT:
Just saw this.

Slint
Bark Psychosis
Lights Out Asia
God Is An Astronaut
The Samuel Jackson Five
Sigur Ros
This Will Destroy You

to name a few - i'm not huge into it, but I do like some

Thanks dude. Theres a few there I dont know that ill check out.

So the new Hail Spirit Noir is out, any thoughts? I haven't heard it myself but from what i've seen, it seems to be getting quite a lot of positive responses.

Their first album was pretty a good slab of Black metal/Psych-Prog rock IMO.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRymk_ncSwg[/ame]

It's ok I guess. It's really, really lo fi which kind of ruins any potential it had for me. I really don't have a problem with demo recordings but here it's extremely poor quality.

Lightfox doesn't post straight black metal (at least often/from what I've seen) so his channel is not even close to the best BM channel. OdiumNostrum is by far my favorite channel for full album uploads regarding "different" black/death metal.

I will admit I way prefer death metal over black metal. Black metal is more atmospheric music therefore it kind of gets too boring for me to listen to often.