Black Metal.

I tried but have found minimal enjoyment in Dimmu Borgir.

Have you guys heard Horseback? They're like a post-rock/ black metal amalgamation that sounds like Oranssi Pazuzu meets Cultes Des Ghoules. Can't get enough of this shit.

Well that was fucking boring, and it was actually the same from start to finish. I didn't believe it would continue the same way at like 2:00 but it did. It just went on. What exactly did you like about it?

Forum Black Metallers only seem to like Black Metal mixed with Shoegaze, Folk or Post styles, or is it just me?
If I posted Shitfucker I think I could actually feel the blank stares through my internet connection.

Nah man there are guys here that like the stupid, nasty black/thrash/death shit. I've got to admit Shitfucker isn't my favorite though. I did see the new Katcheton is out now, gotta pick that up.

Nah man there are guys here that like the stupid, nasty black/thrash/death shit. I've got to admit Shitfucker isn't my favorite though. I did see the new Katcheton is out now, gotta pick that up.

Glad to hear it, my experience with forums and Black Metal is pretty much all bad.

Well that was fucking boring, and it was actually the same from start to finish. I didn't believe it would continue the same way at like 2:00 but it did. It just went on. What exactly did you like about it?

Haha. I like that's it's laid-back and occult sounding, and atypical from the usual black metal sound with it's infusion of rock. I also dig tunes that are droney as long as they're not too droney.I checked out another album by them and it too is awesome. But not for you I'd imagine.

BM just mixes well. Other metal genres have their own often negative characteristics. Folk, for example, is often wayyyy too goofy both in sound and presentation. But mix it with BM's dark and powerful characteristics and you really get something that takes the best elements of both genres and offers a well rounded result. Nothing wrong with liking pure unadultered BM, but many of us have moved past that along with the modern genre itself.

If you want to check out Kult Ofenzivy go with Radikální Ateismus.

Listening to that album now, finally. This is some excellent black metal. Vocals are low and evil which I like. The drum sound is questionable but yeah it works. All in all very happy I checked it out, thanks for the rec :kickass:

I liked it more than you did, but agree for the most part. I kept waiting for something to happen, and there's a halfhearted solo about five minutes in, and it just ends. I was intrigued at the start, but ultimately disappointed.