Black Metal.

I'm really only familar with Barbarians, but other than the unbelievably terrible album cover, it was thoroughly forgettable.

Their late 90's and early 2000's shit is what I'm listening to specifically, but I'm used to primitive Black Metal being disliked, I'm not surprised at all.

I haven't seen Flagellant discussed much. I checked out their album Maledictum and thought it was a great piece of Swedish black metal. Here's the albums closer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my copy of the new Peste Noire. I'm most likely on some watch list because I bought it from World Terror Committee. :lol:

I've tried, I just cannot get into "true" black metal. It's an entire genre I've just largely written off, with one or two exceptions. Old Behemoth and old Dimmu (if they ever were "true" black metal to begin with) are about the extent of it. I can tolerate some symphonic black metal, but again, I'm very picky about it.

^ Not a huge Bal-Sagoth fan yet, but those other "B" bands are legit.

Let's talk about Infestus. The German scene kills it again. Possibly the best country for black metal at the moment. I dunno. This track rips:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bal-Sagoth would be a lot more bearable if the vocals weren't so guttural, kinda fucks the whole sound up.

Speaking of Germany, I'm listening to some Nargaroth right now.
He seems to get a lot of hate.

Most German Black Metal I listen to is mixed with Thrash or Speed, like Quintessenz.
But I'm fiending for some early 90's "true" shit like Nargaroth, bands that used photos for album art.

Any suggestions anybody?

Cant forget fucking MOONBLOOD for the German scene...Same with Absurd and Bethlehem.

Even still, I'll still take the French over any country for Black Metal. Mortifera, Mutiilation, Aosoth, Antaeus, Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega...