Black Metal.

i'm not a big emperor fan but i have an extremely fond memory of sitting on a beach in crete when i was about 14 reading terrorizer and blasting ANTHEMS in my portable CD player over the sound of the cicadas.

This isn't striking me nearly as much as With Hearts Toward None, but it's solid. Certainly better than any lame BTC jerkoff is doing these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Anaal Nathrakh considered a black metal band? I have never listened to them and I've just listened to their In the Constellation of the Black Widow and I'm confused what it can be classified as.

Listening to Pure Holocaust ATM... something I've noticed is that I can get sick of Immortal's other albums if I listen to them too often, but this one I can basically listen to over and over. I wonder what the difference is (other than being simply better)? Less immediately catchy? I used to think that complexity lended music more longevity but The Gathering Wilderness is probably my most played album and it's not exactly brimming with technical wizardry.

i'm not a big emperor fan but i have an extremely fond memory of sitting on a beach in crete when i was about 14 reading terrorizer and blasting ANTHEMS in my portable CD player over the sound of the cicadas.

I had really strong memories tied to Anthems from a trip into the Sahara I took with friends during high school. Never experienced anything like it with any other music. Basically put me "there" a decade ago, bringing back all the emotions I was feeling at the time. Unfortunately that nostalgic blast has subsided some recently due to my listening to the album a whole lot at work.

Was nice while it lasted though.

Listening to Pure Holocaust ATM... something I've noticed is that I can get sick of Immortal's other albums if I listen to them too often, but this one I can basically listen to over and over. I wonder what the difference is (other than being simply better)? Less immediately catchy? I used to think that complexity lended music more longevity but The Gathering Wilderness is probably my most played album and it's not exactly brimming with technical wizardry.

Pure Holocaust and Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism I can listen to endlessly.