Black Metal.

I remember hearing it years ago but I have no idea what it actually sounds like anymore. It has ridiculous folk instruments on it, I think.

i think FALLEN's one of the best BM albums of the decade, but tbf i haven't exactly heard many i've really liked. i find i tend to get the most luck these days when i search for new releases from various obscure east european labels on metal archives.

I listened to several tracks from each one. They're okay. I'm just not feeling it. I don't think that anyone would have caught wind of them if it wasn't Burzum.

In terms of how his music evolved and showed great compositional sense on his 1990s albums, these ones fall short. I think the music is reasonably solid, but it doesn't have the same kind of magic from before.

Fallen is good and Belus is good. But the ambient ones (even if you like Hildskjalf) are kinda different… and a lot of his new material is a little weird. Newer Burzum isn't really my thing.

found this recently and really enjoying it

Last edited by a moderator:
a2465820193_10.jpg

Akhlys's new album The Dreaming I is shaping up to be pretty solid. It's a very dense, noisy, multi-modal album. Though it doesn't sound like it, listening reminded me of my first time hearing Massive Conspiracy Against All Life.

https://dmp666.bandcamp.com/album/the-dreaming-i

The Outre record mentioned above is fucking awesome. Top 3 for 2015 probably, or at least top 5. But that could change, because yet another menacing album is out and it's just sick; my favorite black metal album this year. It's also got some of the poignant and devastating lyrics in black metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Krallice- Diotima is a pretty weak record, especially considering how strong Dimensional Bleedthrough and Self Titled were... Quite a letdown. They moved somewhat away from that creepy higher pitched unique chord progression to a much more generic bm sound.
Years Past Matter is a return to form. You should check that one out. Fixed the muddy production from Diotima. I'm not so sure what I think about that new EP. Pretty different.