Black Metal.

Would you guys be so kind as to suggest some of the main online Black Metal stores for CDs.

Amazon and EBay is all I'm used to, but I have built a small list so far of CDs that I can't find listed. I noticed the Panopticon Bandcamp page lists two stores that are carrying their new album, so that prompted me to ask what are the main online suppliers for the genre that I could look at who are likely to stock the more obscure stuff as well.

Stateside, Hells Headbangers or Ominous Domain Are your best chances for a wide selection of black metal.

Just today I learned that Stefan Kozak of Mystic Forest/Eikenskaden died over two months ago. Here's my belated R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone suggest some BM in this style? I can't get enough of those soaring tremolo melodies... probably my favorite from this album. Closest I can think of is Windir - Likferd (minus the synth):

And I think therein lies the essence,some modern bands despite having a seemingly impressive occult knowledge,imagery and skills the all important atmosphere of rebel youth is missing.That is something that is pure and can't be replicated.More than Venom or Bathory the essence of Helllhammer the embodiment of this genre,as most here know Tom G Warrior had a terrible time leading to the creation of Hellhammer.The music of a lost kid isolated and abandoned kid.

So, opinions on newest Drudkh? I'm also interested to hear any opinions on Spectral Lore and Fall of Rauros. Haven't heard either of the latter two bands, and am interested to hear some things about them if anyone cares to share.

But yeah, how's the newest Drudkh? I absolutely love their older albums, up to and including Microcosmos. I actually haven't even heard Eternal Turn of the Wheel either.

So, opinions on newest Drudkh? I'm also interested to hear any opinions on Spectral Lore and Fall of Rauros. Haven't heard either of the latter two bands, and am interested to hear some things about them if anyone cares to share.

Ive got I, II, and the split with Locust Leaves from Spectral Lore. I is ok, with moments of the brilliance that would come, but I really wouldnt recommend it.

II, on the other hand, is quite excellent. The diversity among, and within, the tracks adds to the eminence of the album. From blistering black metal, epic passages, acoustics, and spacey ambience, it really comes together nicely.

The split is excellent as well. I'd never heard of Locust Leaves, but their song certainly has me interested in hearing more from them.

This song is very indicative of Spectral Lore:

Here's the split song: